Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WALKER W L - Help with my whakapapa  

RSS
Paku OWC
(@paku-owc)

Text
Kia ora, I am knew also to this research stuff but are very interested to learn who and where I come from. My fathers Marae is Oturu Marae, I am told he is of Ngapuhi but have yet to find out all the rest of what is to know such as waka, iwi etc... if not the same thing??? Can anyone help with this info...? More the better

Posted : 30 September, 2007 6:25 pm
wairua OWC
(@wairua-owc)

I am not surprised you are having a spot of bother, there really isn't too much infomation for others to work with, perhaps the surname of your tupuna or perhaps or sometimes a christian or nick name helps I myself come from Oturu i am also walker my dad was max and he married tea there are still some walkers at home, we left there some 50yrs ago treat yourself and go up there if you get the opportunity, its a beautiful part of NZ happy hunting and all the best with the search feel free to contact me God Bless

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 October, 2007 8:51 pm
otarakhan OWC
(@otarakhan-owc)

Hey Cuz Wina here,ok to help you my cuz this is how it goes,Oturu is the name of our Marae,Te Maatara is our Wharenui,Huihuinga is our Whare kai,Ngai Tohihanga is our Hapu,Ngati Kahu is our iwi,St Marks is our Wharekarakia,Hikiuni is our Urupa,hopefully this is what you were after cuz,if you want to know more cuz,uncle David,Aunty Lorraine can help you as well & I can help with what I know cuz.:)8D

Edited by - otarakhan on Oct 29 2007 4:45:34 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 October, 2007 8:37 pm
otarakhan OWC
(@otarakhan-owc)

Kia ora Wairua,just replying to your comment you gave to the cuz here,we are also Walkers my dads name is Ephraim aka Sebo mothers name Lovey,the cuzz here his dads name is Boyne his mum Lillian,they have 2 other brothers uncle David & Uncle Wyndy,there sisters r Lorraine & Kiri(nee Brown)our Grandparents names r Farrimond & Annie Walker Papa buried at the St James in Mangere & Nan up in Oturu.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 October, 2007 8:49 pm
wairua OWC
(@wairua-owc)

Aue maori girl still new with this anyway, I'm sure with everyone's help I shall overcome these shortcomings.

Kia ora e whanaunga I remember hearing those names growing up my mum Erinatea also known as Tea married Maxwell Walker from Oturu, of my dads big whanau only 2 of his brothers remain Rapi and Davey I love them both.

Edited by - wairua on Nov 04 2007 4:03:05 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 November, 2007 3:39 pm
wairua OWC
(@wairua-owc)

quote:

Kia ora Wairua,just replying to your comment you gave to the cuz here,we are also Walkers my dads name is Ephraim aka Sebo mothers name Lovey,the cuzz here his dads name is Boyne his mum Lillian,they have 2 other brothers uncle David & Uncle Wyndy,there sisters r Lorraine & Kiri(nee Brown)our Grandparents names r Farrimond & Annie Walker Papa buried at the St James in Mangere & Nan up in Oturu.

Aeiii Kia ora e whanaunga turns out our greatgrandparents were brothers my Greatgranpa was Aporo kia ora my name is Monika I now live in Otautahi but was raised in Papakura after we left Oturu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 November, 2007 4:41 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

Boyne is related through my great grandfather Tamati PAHU TIPENE.
His father’s name is Kanapu TIPENE and his grandfather’s name is Tamati PAHU – TIPENE. Tamati PAHU TIPENE is buried at Hikinui (Oturu urupa) next to his daughter (my grandmother – Mereana TAKINUI).
Their Iwi is Ngati Kahu….a sub tribe of Ngapuhi.

Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 November, 2007 11:34 pm
Share: