Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WHAKATAUKI O NGATI RAUKAWA  

RSS
JMR OWC
(@jmr-owc)

Kia Ora!! Does anyone know any whakatauki or pepeha relating to Ngati Raukawa, (ki te tonga in particular)? Cheers

Posted : 26 April, 2006 9:54 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

No Levin ahau
Ko Tararua te Maunga
Ko Hokio te Awa
Ko Tainui te Waka
Ko Ngatokowaru te Marae
Ko Ngati Raukawa te Iwi
Tihei Mauri Ora

Don't know if that helps you? but i've got an old photo of Raukawa Marae in Otaki if you want me to send it to you? My whanau on my nan's side is from this iwi so i've had the privilidge to be able to go to nearly all the Raukawa Marae around the Horowhenua, Rangitikei rohe.

There's heaps of whakatauki in the maori dictionaries if you can't get any help

MAURI ORA!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2006 2:55 pm
JMR OWC
(@jmr-owc)

Kia ora mo tena cuz!!

Ko Tainui te waka
Ko Waikawa te awa
Ko Ngati Wehiwehi te hapu
Ko Ngati Wehiwehi te marae
Ko Ngati Raukawa te iwi

We also have links to Ngatokowaru, Kikopiri and Tukorehe

E noho ana ahau kei Papaioea inaianei. Aroha mai whanau, I didnt identify myself.

I was really wanting to know if anyone knew of any whakatauki mai i o tatou tupuna or any about our iwi or rohe. Hey, I'd also love any photos you may have. Kia Ora!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2006 9:14 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Kia ora JMR

I don't have any whatauki or photo's of those places but if you do get some can you hook me up please?

True Palmerston North!! I soon got sick of that place and shifted to Napier and now i'm living in Brisbane!

Yeah i new that Ngatokowaru had links to those other Marae because i use to live in Otaki and while i was there i went on all of them for wananga's. They all belong to Ngati Raukawa wich at that time i didn't even know that was my iwi!!

There are websites on the net with photo's of alot of Marae, i'm searchin info for my Tuhoe side and Ngati Pahauwera aswell!

So good luck to us both

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 May, 2006 2:16 pm
geminisugar42 OWC
(@geminisugar42-owc)

Hi Becks06

Ko Tainui te waka
Ko Otaki te awa
Ko Katihiku te marae
Ko Ngati Huia te hapu
Ko Ngati Raukawa te iwi
Ko Sarah ahau

this is all i no about my dads side. my grandmother, aunty and uncle, two first cousins r all buried at rangiatea. i believe dads whanau are the bishop, hawea, wehipeihana, cook, winiata, and the list seems to grow but i do not no ini of them. if you no any pepeha, whakapapa, hapu, marae history, i would reali appreciate it.

i am doing a bachelor of teaching with te wananga o raukawa and one of my papers is the iwi, hapu and marae studies. i am stumped on my dads side.i live in gisborne and so my trips down there r onli 4 times for wananga. this does not give me time to research whanau down there as my classes all finish at 9.00 pm.

if you have ini photos of maraes could i pleaz have a copy or send me ini info to wiriwiri2006@kol.co.nz.

thank you soooo much!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 July, 2006 12:47 am
Share: