Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Whakatohea  

RSS
shelb69_gtown OWC
(@shelb69_gtown-owc)

Kei te mihi ki te atua nana nei nga mea katoa. Ko Ranginui e tu nei. Ko Papatuanuku e takoto nei. He mihi nui kia korua. Kei te mihi nga tupuna, me nga pakeke, me nga kaumatua. Kia ora koutou.

Ko wai au? Ko Whakatohea au!

I am looking for historical information on Whakatohea, from Prior 1800's to the present day. Preferbably for the following time periods: 1841-1860 and 1901-1938, but any information would be much appreciated. I would very much also like photos of people, marae, iwi regarding Whakatohea. For those of you who do have any information please feel free to contact me via my emails nga.whanau@hotmail.com or shelb69_gtown@yahoo.com.

Posted : 23 July, 2007 7:20 pm
tuhtip OWC
(@tuhtip-owc)

Kia Ora ra

Have you ever considered looking at the history behind the murder of Rev Carl Volkner and lead up to the people from Te Whakatohea like Mokomoko and also researching the struggle that nga uri o Te Whakatohea went throught to maintain their TIno Rangatiratanga althought they were really treated unfairly by the Government

And making your way to the pardon

Heoi ano, he paku awhina tenei naaku

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 August, 2007 11:45 am
Share: