Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Bill Smith - Looking for family of....  

RSS
cass_stewart OF
(@cass_stewart-of)

gidday all, my name is cassy stewart, i live in queensland australia. i am searching for members of my great-grandfathers family. His english name was Bill (or William) Smith, i do not know his maori name. He came to australia in the late 1800's /early 1900's to work as a sheep shearer / stockman.

I am told that he originally came from the top-end of the North Island. Also, that he was a very tall man. I have a photo of him (yet to be scanned) and hope that it might also help to locate family members in new zealand.

am keen to hear about any leads that might help to find his family. thank you for your help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2004 3:50 am
Share: