Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Finding my Great grandfather!  

RSS
chickimo OF
(@chickimo-of)

My grandmother died of cancer almost 2 years ago taking all of her family secrets with her. If anyone could give me ant historical information on him Remana Nopera Ratahi or my Grandmother Hohipere "Sophie" Ratahi. They were from Kaikohe (ngapuhi) region. Please help I have a big puzzle to put together.
Thank you

Moana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2003 2:45 pm
te phantom
(@te-phantom)

Hi

I see that you're from Nga Puhi. I recently (last Friday) send an email to the 'Runanga a Iwi o Nga Puhi' and they replied quite quickly. The person who contacted me was also a descendant of the same tipuna and she is going to send me some info when she gathers it all.

Their site is:
http://www.ngapuhi.iwi.nz/

So have a nosey and send them an email. You might have to give them as much detail of your ancestors as possible - the more the better.

Good luck

Hamish

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2003 8:05 am
Share: