Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

looking for hubby's birth mother  

RSS
rubyat OWC
(@rubyat-owc)

My husbnd was born on the 09/12/1962 at Rotorua Hospital.On his birth certificate he was named John Anderson,his birth mothers name was Rita Huia Anderson,no name of birth father.He was legally adopted when he was 9 months old by his adopted parents,who happens to be Andersons but do not know of this Rita Anderson,we have both tried to find his birth mother or any family members.We haved registered with an agency that tries to find birth parents adopted children etc but have no reply as yet(2003).My husband and I will be greatful to anyone who might no of a Rita Huia Anderson as we have 4 children and would dearly like to know where they belong and what iwi they belong to,my hubby is looking for her so he know's where his roots are.We will understand if she or any other member of that family does not want contact with us,all we ask is what tribe do my hubby and kids originate from.Hubby is now 41. Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2004 6:56 am
smileyface OF
(@smileyface-of)

Interested in more details if possible. I have history of the Anderson whanau dating from 1828-1974. I believe that John's opdopted parents may in some way be related to Rita Huia Anderson as the name comes from England many generations ago. I also know that John is a very popular name in the Anderson whanau. There are records of Rita Andersons also but unfortunately the name Huia is not mentioned. There is also Huia Andersons in the same book. I am interested in finding out more as I feel it is very special to have such knowledge been passed down to the future generations. Hope to be of some help later down the track.
Look forward to hearing from you. Ka kite Ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2004 4:19 pm
smileyface OF
(@smileyface-of)

Interested in more details if possible. I have history of the Anderson whanau dating from 1828-1974. I believe that John's opdopted parents may in some way be related to Rita Huia Anderson as the name comes from England many generations ago. I also know that John is a very popular name in the Anderson whanau. There are records of Rita Andersons also but unfortunately the name Huia is not mentioned. There is also Huia Andersons in the same book. I am interested in finding out more as I feel it is very special to have such knowledge been passed down to the future generations. Hope to be of some help later down the track.
Look forward to hearing from you. Ka kite Ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2004 4:19 pm
smileyface OF
(@smileyface-of)

I am very interested in more information and hope that I can help in some way. I am keen to find information about your husbands adopted whanau aswell, as I think there may also be a connection somewhere with his natural mother as the Anderson name comes from Engalnd in 1825. I have history dating from the date to 1974. John is also a popular name in the Anderson Whanau. There are records of a Rita Anderson but the name Huia is not mentioned. There is also Huia Andersons recorded I may not be able to assist with much but would love to try as I feel it is important to know your whakapapa and it is wonderful that future generations know where they come from. If I am right then John must be of Ngati Maniapoto Iwi. The Anderson whanau started off in the King Country region mainly Te kuiti. Look forward to hearing from you. For your safety I am of the Anderson Decent. Ka kite ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2004 4:31 pm
smileyface OF
(@smileyface-of)

I am very interested in more information and hope that I can help in some way. I am keen to find information about your husbands adopted whanau aswell, as I think there may also be a connection somewhere with his natural mother as the Anderson name comes from Engalnd in 1825. I have history dating from the date to 1974. John is also a popular name in the Anderson Whanau. There are records of a Rita Anderson but the name Huia is not mentioned. There is also Huia Andersons recorded I may not be able to assist with much but would love to try as I feel it is important to know your whakapapa and it is wonderful that future generations know where they come from. If I am right then John must be of Ngati Maniapoto Iwi. The Anderson whanau started off in the King Country region mainly Te kuiti. Look forward to hearing from you. For your safety I am of the Anderson Decent. Ka kite ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2004 4:32 pm
smileyface OF
(@smileyface-of)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2004 4:34 pm
rubyat OWC
(@rubyat-owc)

thanks for the info would dearly like to know more about the name mentioned Rita Anderson as it could be of some use for my husband.my father in-law name is Thomas or Tariki Anderson is from Te kuiti.He was an only child and was bought up by the Hughes whanau as his parents died when he was young,not sure of the parents names.So my husband adoptive parents are Andersons.NOT sure on the link between the birth mother & the adoptive parents.THANKS FOR YOUR INFO AND HELP much appreciated. RUBY ANDERSON

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 January, 2004 6:59 pm
rubyat OWC
(@rubyat-owc)

thanks for the info would dearly like to know more about the name mentioned Rita Anderson as it could be of some use for my husband.my father in-law name is Thomas or Tariki Anderson is from Te kuiti.He was an only child and was bought up by the Hughes whanau as his parents died when he was young,not sure of the parents names.So my husband adoptive parents are Andersons.NOT sure on the link between the birth mother & the adoptive parents.THANKS FOR YOUR INFO AND HELP much appreciated. RUBY ANDERSON

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 January, 2004 7:00 pm
rubyat OWC
(@rubyat-owc)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 January, 2004 7:03 pm
Share: