Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Looking for Martin whanau  

RSS
natinuts1 OF
(@natinuts1-of)

Kia ora,
i'm trying to track down my fathers real mother. My fathers name was Alby Martin. His fathers name was Fong Chung originally from China, but my father took his mothers maiden name (thank you Dad!). My father was born around 1932 in the Wellington region and he also had a younger sister. He told me that his mother died when he was young. Apparently she may have been pushed from a moving vehicle, causing fatal head injuries, and that it may have been a domestic dispute. This would've happened in the early to mid 40's. After her death he was taken to live in Auckland with his father Fong Chung, and his sister was adopted to a family in the (Whakatane?) region. His sister's name may be Phyllis. If you have a tipuna in your whakapapa that may fit the description of the woman above I would desperately love to hear from you. If there is anyone that may be able to help me fill in the missing puzzle pieces I would be stoked to hear from you. Please contact me at kotahisociety@xtra.co.nz.
Naaku noa

Edited by - natinuts1 on 2/12/2004 2:04:17 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 February, 2004 6:55 pm
Share: