Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

looking for whanau  

RSS
tarn OWC
(@tarn-owc)

i am looking for anyone who can help me trace the roots of my grandfather george poa. his spouses name was mereana taitimu. i would like to know any information about him as i know nothing. i would love to meet up with whanau plus it is hard not knowing your whakapapa when doing maori art. any help would be greatly appreciated kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2004 11:03 am
Matua_te_tapu OF
(@matua_te_tapu-of)

Tena koe e hoa, Just read your message you posted, do you know where the "Poa" family orginate, because I have a Aunty who is married to a Poa, unsure where he is from but my whanau are from Wanganui, if you have any more info, you can message me and I can pass it on to my uncle to see if it is the same Whanau.

John-Boi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 June, 2004 1:28 pm
tarn OWC
(@tarn-owc)

The only thing I know in regards to the name is that my granddads name was George Poa and he lived up in the taitokerau with my nana Mereana Taitimu. They lived in Pawarenga for a number of years then moved down to Auckland and lived in Manurewa. I don't know anything about my grandfather or his origins that is why I am desperate to know anything about him. According to one of my auntys granddad was a whangai child into the Poa clan.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 June, 2004 8:52 am
jamie kaihe OF
(@jamie-kaihe-of)

hi my name is jamie kaihe i am part of the black family my grandmother was norma black i am not sure if it is the same family but it is worth a try i am not sure about the family origin but there is a few people in my family that are familiar to the family origin but i can talk to my mother tonight and try find out a bit of info am my email is jamiekaihe@hotmail.com so if you email me your email to night i will be more than happy to send you as much info as i can.

yours sencerly
jamie kaihe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 July, 2004 7:57 am
Share: