Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Searching for Dad Norman Te Kanawa and brother Jason Tututnui and sister Melissa Odet  

RSS
Marlene Porter OF
(@marlene-porter-of)

I am searching for my Dad Norman Te Kanawa son of the late Kumarawainui Te Kanawa and Te Waipounamu Ngarotata. I have a brother who i have never met before whose name is Jason Tutunui and a sister i have never met before whose name is Melissa Odette. I would also like to meet whanau on both sides of my dads family as half of myself feels like a lost soul. I would be most grateful if anyone knowing the whereabouts of my dad or brother and sister would contact me A.S.A.P. marleneporter770@hotmail.com or phone 09 276 3644. Thank you.

Edited by - Marlene Porter/te Kanawa on 17/08/02 21:25:53

Edited by - Marlene Porter/Te Kanawa on 17/08/02 21:32:42

Edited by - Marlene Porter/Te Kanawa on 18/08/02 09:36:02

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 August, 2002 9:20 am
mere ngarotata OF
(@mere-ngarotata-of)

Kia ora Marleen did you contact your father Norman yet? if not try the Social Welfare in Wellinghton he is living in the area.

Norman's Mother my aunty Wai was a sister of my father's Jim Ngarotata please let me know if i can be of any help to you.

Arohanui Mere

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2003 10:29 am
Tracey Allen OF
(@tracey-allen-of)

Hi Marlend

Regarding your search last year for Norman Te Kanawa and your brother Jason - I am replying on behalf of Jason who is my partner. Jason's full name now is Jason Tutunui Te Kanawa Paver and we moved over to London at the start of this year for a working holiday (2003).

He is very keen to catch up - you can contact jason or myself on jason_paver@hotmail.com or traceymarguerita@hotmail.com. jason has been searching for information for the last couple of years on his birth fathers family and is very excited at your search.

Thanks marlene and arohanui

Regards
Tracey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 July, 2003 1:03 am
Tracey Allen OF
(@tracey-allen-of)

Hi Marlend

Regarding your search last year for Norman Te Kanawa and your brother Jason - I am replying on behalf of Jason who is my partner. Jason's full name now is Jason Tutunui Te Kanawa Paver and we moved over to London at the start of this year for a working holiday (2003).

He is very keen to catch up - you can contact jason or myself on jason_paver@hotmail.com or traceymarguerita@hotmail.com. jason has been searching for information for the last couple of years on his birth fathers family and is very excited at your search.

Thanks marlene and arohanui

Regards
Tracey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 July, 2003 1:04 am
WaHiNe AtAaHuA OF
(@wahine-ataahua-of)

hi there, my name is Glenys. MArlene is in my Te Reo Maori class. I came across this site by accident (thank goodness)I will tell Marlene tomorrow as she is no longer connected to the net and possibly given up hope for an answer bu ti know this is a subject very very dear to her heart. She will be overwhelmed. Watch this space ok.
Regards
Glenys

Glenys Epiha - Toa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 July, 2003 6:18 pm
WaHiNe AtAaHuA OF
(@wahine-ataahua-of)

hi there, my name is Glenys. MArlene is in my Te Reo Maori class. I came across this site by accident (thank goodness)I will tell Marlene tomorrow as she is no longer connected to the net and possibly given up hope for an answer bu ti know this is a subject very very dear to her heart. She will be overwhelmed. Watch this space ok.
Regards
Glenys

Glenys Epiha - Toa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 July, 2003 6:19 pm
WaHiNe AtAaHuA OF
(@wahine-ataahua-of)

Regards
Glenys

Glenys Epiha - Toa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 July, 2003 6:19 pm
les cockle OF
(@les-cockle-of)

Kia Glenys. Just browsing and came across your message re. Marlene and her search for her Father Norman Te Kanawa. Norman is my first cousin...his Mother Waipounamu being my Mothers sister. The last time I saw him was three years ago when he had sustained a head injury and I and my two sisters visited him in Wellington Hospital. My youngest sister Milly was brought up with him at a young age and sadly it was to be her last visit with him as she was dying with cancer and for some time had been 'looking' for him too. Unfortunately we lost contact as he moved around, but last year the Social Welfare Dept. made enquiries about his needs. The frustrating part is that we were not informed as to where he was/is...so I cannot help you there. Please if you contact Marlene do pass on our aroha to her and somehow maybe get in touch. Thank you.
Rona Cockle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 August, 2003 7:42 am
Share: