Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Seeking William Toia / Croft-Tipene  

RSS
Billie Rewiri OF
(@billie-rewiri-of)

Hi there,

I am seeking the descendants of William Toia. I have heard that he is deceased, but his wife and children are still living.

His mother was from Waima, and his father was Maihi Rewiri. He did not know his father at all, and only became know to the REWIRI whanau when he came to his fathers funeral in October 1980.

Would appreciate any information relating to his whanau.

Regards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 May, 2003 7:06 pm
rose k OF
(@rose-k-of)

kia ora. I know of a William Toia who passed away this year. He was in his 50's. He doesn't sound like who you were referring to, but could be same whanau. He was Ngapuhi. Where does your Rewiri come from. My great grandmother was Te Kahupahauwera Rewiri.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 October, 2003 3:59 pm
Billie Rewiri OF
(@billie-rewiri-of)

Kia ora e Ko,

Ka timata te ingoa Rewiri mai i toku tupuna REWIRI. No Rawhiti, kei Te Taitokerau a ia.
Ko ona matua ko Whai Te Tai Hakuene raua ko Rati.

I do not have any record of your ancestor as part of my geneology records. I am assuming that your tupuna were no runga ra.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2004 5:25 am
shaunwitute OF
(@shaunwitute-of)

hey there my name is shaun witute and i am looking for a wiremu toia or bill toia that use to live in block house bay new lyn area that was seeing a lady called mary witute and had a son to her and had a baby girl not long after that to another lady they now live in japan her and there daughter not sure what happened to bill but?????? any information would be great thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 April, 2004 8:48 pm
Billie Rewiri OF
(@billie-rewiri-of)

He mihi nunui ki a koe i tera atu pito o tenei ao. Ahakoa,kua ngaro tetahi tangata tata ki a taua, ka tutuki taua i raro o te manakitanga o te runga rawa.

Thanks for that message - I'm not to sure if its the same man, our William Toia was living in Papakura last time we met (1980); had three children. I cannot verify any other information for you - so it may or may not be the same man - keep in touch; if and when I get any information on him; I'll contact you.

Our William Toia's mother was a Toia from Waima. She had William in either the late 1930's or early 1940's. So in 1986 when I met him he was in his late 30's or 40's. His children were close to my age; two of the three were obviously younger.

His wife is a member of the Tipene-Croft whanau from Matawaia. Although we have been unable to track down the particular whanau.

His father is my uncle Maihi (Chook) Rewiri who died on 27 April 1980. My uncle did not know William. William only became acquainted with our whanau after his mother mentioned to him that his father had died (she had seen the notice in the New Zealand Herald at the time). We lost touch with him and his whanau, but are now seeking their whereabouts.

My other cousins tell me that they have heard that he has passed away - but this has not been verified as yet (cos we can't contact any reliable source to advise us of his death).

Does this sound like the man you are seeking?

No reira, he mihi aroha ki a koe i tenei wa ka rapua e koe ki tou matua.

Billie Rewiri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2004 11:21 pm
Billie Rewiri OF
(@billie-rewiri-of)

He mihi nunui ki a koe i tera atu pito o tenei ao. Ahakoa,kua ngaro tetahi tangata tata ki a taua, ka tutuki taua i raro o te manakitanga o te runga rawa.

Thanks for that message - I'm not to sure if its the same man, our William Toia was living in Papakura last time we met (1980); had three children. I cannot verify any other information for you - so it may or may not be the same man - keep in touch; if and when I get any information on him; I'll contact you.

Our William Toia's mother was a Toia from Waima. She had William in either the late 1930's or early 1940's. So in 1986 when I met him he was in his late 30's or 40's. His children were close to my age; two of the three were obviously younger.

His wife is a member of the Tipene-Croft whanau from Matawaia. Although we have been unable to track down the particular whanau.

His father is my uncle Maihi (Chook) Rewiri who died on 27 April 1980. My uncle did not know William. William only became acquainted with our whanau after his mother mentioned to him that his father had died (she had seen the notice in the New Zealand Herald at the time). We lost touch with him and his whanau, but are now seeking their whereabouts.

My other cousins tell me that they have heard that he has passed away - but this has not been verified as yet (cos we can't contact any reliable source to advise us of his death).

Billie Rewiri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2004 11:22 pm
Billie Rewiri OF
(@billie-rewiri-of)

Billie Rewiri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2004 11:23 pm
Billie Rewiri OF
(@billie-rewiri-of)

Hi Shaun,

I got your email and have posted a reply to you directly.

Hope that it is sufficient for you to work on your quest.

Billie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2004 11:25 pm
Share: