Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

tracing my family history - Ngati Awa  

RSS
stephanie shand OF
(@stephanie-shand-of)

I desperately looking for history and information on families within the Ngati Awa during the 1800's - i am trying to trace my family history and maori ancestory and only have stories told to me by my late Grandmother. I am sure she referred to us belonging to the Ngati Awa tribe. For personal reasons I really want to complete my family tree. In particular she made reference to being related to a maori cheif or decendants of him. I want to know the names or as many names of known Maori cheifs for this tribe - help me please ! Births Deaths and Marriages fail me proir to 1863 !

Stephanie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 April, 2004 6:28 am
Hinemako OF
(@hinemako-of)

There are many cheifs of Ngati Awa you would have to be more spacific I mean you within ngati awa tree other factions proberly more Te Ati Awa for example then you have the Waekanae lot the Wellington then Whakatane which one?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2004 11:51 am
Hinemako OF
(@hinemako-of)

Ngati Awa is HUGE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2004 11:52 am
Share: