Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Whakapapa  

RSS
Chantelle Houkamau OF
(@chantelle-houkamau-of)

KIa ora te whanau I am a Houkamau From Wharekahika and have been searching for lost details in my whakapapa for a few years now if anyone could tell me who Hatiwira's first wife was or who Whakatahaterangi's wife was. I've asked my grandmother and other kaumatua i thought would know but no-one has an answer for me.
Please can you help me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2004 4:43 am
Miriata Houkamau OF
(@miriata-houkamau-of)

Kiaora I have been looking under my last name and happened to see your message my Auntie Pania told me my Whakapapa but as I am still a child I can only tell you that Iharaira and Rangipaia are Hatiwiras parents. If you would like to know more please feel free to contact my Auntie Pania and Uncle in Wellington on 237 8092 and make sure you state who you are and what you want. Hope I was at help Miriata

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2004 2:42 pm
Chantelle Houkamau OF
(@chantelle-houkamau-of)

I to am only still a child at 16 yrs but i deffinately know that Hatiwira's mother was not Rangipaia(she was Iharaira's grandmother!) I've lived in Hicks Bay all my life but nobody's talked about Hatiwira's first wife. I proudly know my whakapapa right down from Maui Potiki but Im still missing a couple of branches

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 April, 2004 9:48 am
Chantelle Houkamau OF
(@chantelle-houkamau-of)

Hatiwira's mother was Ripeke Paiatehau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 April, 2004 9:50 am
Chantelle Houkamau OF
(@chantelle-houkamau-of)

sorry i mean Ripeka Paiatehau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 April, 2004 9:51 am