Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

whanau search  

RSS
kimyla OF
(@kimyla-of)

Im am trying to track down my whanau my grandmother was Ngaroata Jane Waetford she was one of 8. Her mother was Rawinia Wells married to Whatanui (Edward, Ted) Waetford (from Karatu), and she was one of 14 children. I think her mother came from Whakatane. I am interested in any information relating to either side to find out where I belong.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 October, 2002 4:09 am
Ivan OF
(@ivan-of)

Your posting is of interest.

Your great-grandmother (Rawinia Wells)is my grandmother.
The Well's Whanu had a large farming property in Manu,northwest of Whangarei, on the Whangarei/Dargaville main road.On this property your mother and auntys were reared.
The property has since been sub-divided for housing.
Your great-grandmother,went to Whakatane and married my grand-father (Tiaki Wiremu Manuhira REWIRI).They had eight children 5 Males, 3 FM. Your great-grandmother had an affair and was branded by the elders of Whakatane to never return there.She returned back to Manu retaining the two surnames REWIRI/WELLS. She remarried and had a 2nd family Waetfords also of the Manu district.Your grand-mother Jane looked after
your great-grandmother on the Well's property and worked in Whangarei.As a young boy in the the late 50s I used to go to the farm and stay.There was also Russell Wells/Waetford we were both the same age,who was there also.He was brought up on the property, and later became a Morman clergy at Manu. He later inhertited the property.

I also used to stay with uncle Wally&Zeena Waetford at Manu,uncle Wally would be your grand-uncle your grand-mothers brother.He had three children, Margaret, Theo, Sharee.

I trust this info has brought the past to bear. You need to visit Manu, this is were your Whanau started.
Feel free to make contact via e-mail or phone Aus 02 9411 1667.

My sister at Russell would also be able to assist you. Please let me know if you would like to make contact with her.

Kind regards
Ivan T Rewiri-David.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 October, 2002 2:10 pm
Ivan OF
(@ivan-of)

Your posting is of interest.

Your great-grandmother (Rawinia Wells)is my grandmother.
The Well's Whanu had a large farming property in Manu,northwest of Whangarei, on the Whangarei/Dargaville main road.On this property your mother and auntys were reared.
The property has since been sub-divided for housing.
Your great-grandmother,went to Whakatane and married my grand-father (Tiaki Wiremu Manuhira REWIRI).They had eight children 5 Males, 3 FM. Your great-grandmother had an affair and was branded by the elders of Whakatane to never return there.She returned back to Manu retaining the two surnames REWIRI/WELLS. She remarried and had a 2nd family Waetfords also of the Manu district.Your grand-mother Jane looked after
your great-grandmother on the Well's property and worked in Whangarei.As a young boy in the the late 50s I used to go to the farm and stay.There was also Russell Wells/Waetford we were both the same age,who was there also.He was brought up on the property, and later became a Morman clergy at Manu. He later inhertited the property.

I also used to stay with uncle Wally&Zeena Waetford at Manu,uncle Wally would be your grand-uncle your grand-mothers brother.He had three children, Margaret, Theo, Sharee.

I trust this info has brought the past to bear. You need to visit Manu, this is were your Whanau started.
Feel free to make contact via e-mail or phone Aus 02 9411 1667.

My sister at Russell would also be able to assist you. Please let me know if you would like to make contact with her.

Kind regards
Ivan T Rewiri-David.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 October, 2002 2:11 pm
kimyla OF
(@kimyla-of)

Wow thank you so much alot of that I remember nana telling me when she was alive I remember I only saw Big nanny a few times out there.

ka kite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 November, 2002 10:48 am
Share: