Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

SYLVA (Buboltz Maenecke) Mona (daughter of Joe & Martha Sylva)  

RSS
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

6 January 2006 Berlin GERMANY after suffering a heart attack in November 2005 and going into a coma.
Funeral 23 February 2006 in Berlin.

UPDATE MONA WILL BE RETURNING TO NZ AFTER BLESSINGS FROM HER TWO CHILDREN - THANK YOU DIANA & DEAN

Further details ngati_kuri@hotmail.com.

Kia ora (Hello) cousins Diana & Dean. Today my mum Rita got a call from her nephew Dean in Germany who had traced the Sylva name (his mother Mona's maiden name) through the internet.

His news was sad... his mother Mona Buboltz Maenecke nee Sylva had passed away on January the 6th 2006 after suffering a heart attack in Nov '05 and never gaining consciousness from a coma.

My thoughts immediately flew straight back to Te Hapua when I was on Te Kokota sands last year watching the godwits flying overhead.

My Aunty went to Germany in 1967 after marrying a man from this far away land at Otahuhu Auckland on 22 July 1967. She left as a young bride and the 2nd youngest of my Mum's brothers and sisters.

My Aunt Mona, husband Edgar (they later separated) and children never returned together to NZ. My Aunt made this northern land her home. Diana was born in December 1967 and Dean in 1969.

In 1994 my Aunt Mona returned briefly to NZ for the first time in almost 30 years and was thinking of returning to NZ with her second husband. Unfortunately this did not happen as her husband Lothar later died.

So even though the godwits fly over 20,000 kms every year from Europe to NZ our Aunt Mona was never to stand on her land again.

So we welcome her children Diana and Dean to know their mother's memory is in our hearts and their right to stand on their 'turangawaewae' (land of their people) and their tupuna (ancestors) is always there for them and also the aroha (love) from your extended family.

This is written in memory of Aunt Mona from your niece Rozita who was 11 years when you left NZ and noone knew just one year later I would lose my father from a stroke. When you first went to Germany Aunt we wrote for awhile. It was very nice to know we made contact by letter again in 2004.

Every effort to bridge the divide is worth it.

Edited by - ngati_kuri@hotmail.com on Feb 14 2006 10:11:47 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 January, 2006 8:33 pm
Eminent Member

I need help and i need it quickly re: the notice of my Aunt's death in Germany. Her immediate family (brothers and sisters are not sure whether to try to get funds together to have her returned to NZ). elders are saying she must return... can someone please give me some advice which i can add to the korero...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 January, 2006 8:47 pm
Eminent Member

Kia ora Waimirirangi

Lovely to see you - are connected. Here is my email address... rozita_leoni@hotmail.com or ngati_kuri@hotmail.com. The elders mentioned above are our family members.

Kapai to ra!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 February, 2006 12:43 pm
Eminent Member

Uncle Ike has the latest update.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 February, 2006 6:23 pm
Eminent Member

Tena koe Waimiritangi

Taikiha moto email. Arohanui ki te whanau katoa noa whanau Australia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2006 7:57 am
Eminent Member

Thank you to kuri for all your help advise and support. We feel your aroha and your tupuna smiles on your effort.

"E hura taku toa;
My strength comes not
i te toa takitahi
From one source
Engari takimano;
But from thousands;
no aku tupuna.
From my ancestors.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2006 6:44 am
Eminent Member

Our sister, our cousin, our Aunt, our neighbour, our childhood friend is on her way home...

On the wings of a eagle...

Haere mai haere mai haere mai

Aunt Mona should be in NZ by the 14 February 2006.
We will keep you posted... on further arrangements.

As the sun's rays send out little fingers of light and these in turn become daylight and this warms up the earth each morning as it first stretches over the land and peeps through the trees until the sky and land are joined as one... so too is the journey home to sit at the legs of your people, while they take you back to the time when we saw the world with a more simple eye. If you have such people still living do not delay and go visit them.

Our heart is heavy that we will never see your smile again Aunt Mona. However you will soon be home and your feet will touch your homeland once more before you start your final journey supported by those that have gone before.

Edited by - ngati_kuri@hotmail.com on Feb 14 2006 10:16:27 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2006 7:02 am
Eminent Member

"E hura taku toa;
My strength comes not
i te toa takitahi
From one source
Engari takimano;
But from thousands;
no aku tupuna.
From my ancestors.

Kia ora Kuri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2006 7:07 am
Eminent Member

Our Aunt Mona is back in NZ.

I have said to her children - in death our Aunt, their mother, sister and cousin can help unite her family.

She was one of twelve brothers and sisters. Four have now passed on Sophie, Doris, Sid & Mona.

Next when we meet, we should have our hands empty & open wide, so we can hug the person next to us. Even as our hands are reaching out, so our heart can be brimming over with love.

Thank you Uncle Ike for bringing your sister, my Aunt home. Rozita

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2006 8:44 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Condolences for the loss of a mother, sister and wife who was obviously special to you all.
I did not know Mona personally but we belong to the same club...those who married Germans and have made Deutschland our home.
I am writing this to say I am pleased to you have managed to take her home. Here in Germany we only have the plots for around 20 years and then you either rebuy or remove your stone.
It is also worth knowing that Germans take very good care of their graves.Weekly visits are normal here and plots are well maintained, personlised with flowers, plants and ornaments.
Families are repremanded and considered neglectful if they fail to keep the grave tidy at all times. It is seen as neglecting the person who lies there.
The 20 years the plot remains and requires attention in Germany is part of this cultures mourning. So it is indeed a generous token that this ladies children have permitted the needs of her whanau to come before their own.
Having said that I can also add that those of us who are of maori descent and live here and know each other have all decided to return to NZ after death. The reason is not only due to the difference in the length of time a family owns a plot but also the important factor that it has been our childhood home.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2006 9:25 pm
Eminent Member

Thank you so much for your aroha. It is good to know we have people all over the world whose blood is thicker than water.

Maybe you can help us with our further communication with my cousins. I really appreciate your background on the cemetary arrangements in Germany. This is also similar in Greece. Except I have been told that it is only 5 years there. If you would be able help us with translation now and again I would really appreciate this.

My email is ngati_kuri@hotmail.com and my webpage is www.ngatikuri.tk.

Arohanui Rozita

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2006 10:24 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Yes that would be fine shall send you a PM -Joy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 February, 2006 5:29 am
Share: