Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

SYLVA Ihaka  

RSS
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

It is with great sadness that I forward this message from Sandra Waenga (Te Hapua). The extended Sylva family are very grateful to Sandra for alerting us to the passing of:

IHAKA SYLVA

Ihaka (son of Raumati (Hori) & Rauna Sylva (Aporto Ratana Church) passed away in Auckland Mon 15 October
from a heart condition.

Tangi
FRIDAY 19 OCTOBER AT
TE REO MIHI MARAE & INTERNMENT AT MARETU URUPA.

Further details:
John Karu Sylva
c/o Te Reo Marae
Ph: 09 409 7885 or
021 391 003 (no service in Te Hapua)

Condolences to the grieving family

KIA ORA KORO IHAKA
WHO LOVED HIS MAORITANGA AND WAS A GREAT SUPPORT DURING MY TE REO STUDIES.

A tirelessly busy man who saw many things during his travels by motorbike around the country with his dog that he spoke to in Te Reo.

Koro was versatile, he could entertain us with a tune with or without guitar or ukulele or a yarn... as well as talk serious stuff about his love for God & being happy in his service in these last few years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2007 9:28 am
Eminent Member

Condolences from:

Marguerite, Rozita & Eloise Leoni,
Mona & Rex McClenaghan and
Desmond Sylva
to the family of Ihaka Sylva son or Rauna & Raumate (Hori) Sylva
We send this in memory of our cousin and Uncle.

Koro it will be a sadder world without your smile, your singing and your spiritual faith.

Our 99 year old Nana Mona will always remember you singing Maori songs to her on her 2004 birthday and she also remembered your childhood home in Kaimaumau (white house near the water).

Ehara ahau i te tangata mohio ki te korero otira,

e tika ana kia mihi atu kia mihi mai

Toitu he whenua

Whatungarongaro he tangata

Te tiro atu to kanohi ki tairawhiti ana tera whiti te ra kite ataata ka hinga ki muri kia koe.

Arohanui, Rozita

Marguerite (Rita) LEONI nee Sylva (daughter of Joe & Martha (Henare) SYLVA)
M E LEONI
169 CARRINGTON RD MT ALBERT AUCKLAND
Ph: 09 846 0245

Rozita LEONI (my Mum above)
NZ Mobile: +6421 46 0245 or 021 46 0245
Aust Mobile: +61416 141 040
Ph: 61 2 9314 1040

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2007 9:29 am
Eminent Member

New Message on Ngati Kuri - Tehapua - Northland NZ links

www.ngatikuri.tk

Yes Ihaka had a beautiful send off today.
The sun shone down and there was a breeze just enough to take the sting out of the sun. His whanau and friends sung to him and the final haka by his mokopuna and son-in-law really made the tears flow.
I was very proud to be a part of the crowd that gathered to pay their last respects, and Ihaka now looks across the waters of the Parengrenga Harbour.
Keeping his ever watchful eye on each and everyone of us.
As Rozita said before he was a tireless man with a mission in life which I believe he will retain in death.
Our whanau will always have fond memories of Ihaka
May he rest in peace

Waenga Whanau
Te Hapua

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 October, 2007 11:38 pm
Share: