Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

The Late: BERT KOHU Passes Away in Tanilba Bay, Australia.  

RSS
mitacare OWC
(@mitacare-owc)

Kia Ora e te Whanau

This is to inform the Family, Friends and Whanau of the death of the Late: Bert Kohu, formerly of Judea, Tauranga, New Zealand, on Monday, 7 February 2005. Bert died at his home in Tanilba Bay, New South Wales, Australia following a long illness.

Following preparational procedures being completed, the Late: Bert Kohu will be transferred through to Newcastle on Wednesday where he will lay-in-state for one day, until arrangement are completed for his to return home to Judea for his Tangi.

On behalf of Mitacare Funeral Services and our Whanau, together with all of Bert's Whanau here in Sydney, Central Coast, Newcastle and around Australia, I express our Aroha to Helen (Bert's wife), and his daughters, Kelly & Nikki and their families, together with Bert's extended family here in Australia.

As arrangements are finalised, I will place another Panui here on www.maori.org.nz to keep you informed of travel arrangements and arrival times into Auckland, etc.

Kia Ora!
Aroha nui
Ka kite ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 February, 2005 10:07 am
mitacare OWC
(@mitacare-owc)

Kia Ora e te Whanau

This is to inform and confirm to the Family, Friends and Whanau gathering at the Judea Marae in Tauranga, as well as Whanau around the world, of the travel arrangements for the Late: Bert Kohu and his Whanau to return home to Judea, Tauranga, Aotearoa, for his Tangi and final farewell.

The Late: Bert Kohu is scheduled to depart Sydney for Auckland on Friday 11 February 2005, aboard Air NZ Flight 104 at 11:30am, with an ETA in Auckland of 4:30pm. Bert will be accompanied by his wife, Helen and his children, Kelly and Nikki and extended Family members.

Following a brief stop-over at South Auckland Funeral Services, 553 Great South Road, Otahuhu, The Late: Bert Kohu will be transferred through to the Judea Marae, Te Kaponga Street, Judea, Tauranga, by his Whanau. Bert will lay-in-state on the Marae until his internment in the Whanau Urupa.

On behalf of Helen and the Family, I express gratitude and appreciation to Mr Terry Bowen, Human Resources Manager, Daracon, Bert's, employer, who provided the means for the Family to return home to Judea. In additon, I express our Aroha to the Cuzzies who cared for Bert & Helen, and the Family at Tomoga where BERT lay-in-state on Wednesday 9 February, for his Whanau, Cuzzies, work colleagues & associates and friends to say farewell.

Special acknowledgement to our Kaumatua and Minister of the day, Hori Purukamu (Bluegum) for his presiding and conducting proceedings.

On behalf of Mitacare Funeral Services and our Whanau in Sydney, I express our Aroha to Helen, and all of the children and mokopuna, as well as those gathered at Judea, Whanau here in Australia and around the World.

May the Lord Bless and Comfort you all as you tangi Bert's farewell. Rest-In-Peace, Cuz.

It Has Been An Honour and a Priviledge to Serve Your Whanau.

Kia Ora.

Aroha nui
Ka kite ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 February, 2005 1:05 am
Share: