Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUMATAROA,HENRY ROBERT (CHIC) from Wairoa and living in Waitara.  

RSS
wahinetuwharetoa OWC
(@wahinetuwharetoa-owc)

Henry passed away suddenly after an urgent operation due to stomach cramps.He was fine after his op but deteriorated rapidly and died

His tangi is at his home in Waitara and the burial will be at the local urupa.

He is survived by his wife sis and his daughter Darnell and three mokos. He also has two step daughters.

Henry was for many years living in Christchurch and worked at the local red bus company as a diesel mechanic. Then moved to Auckland with his daughter Darnell and her Mum.

For over the last 17 years Henry has lived in Waitara Tarananki rohe.

Whanau and friends from oz and aoteroa are attending the tangi.

A humble beautiful man laid to rest.

Contact details 06 7548115
home.
Darnell 0272420354

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 March, 2007 2:25 am
wahinetuwharetoa OWC
(@wahinetuwharetoa-owc)

The service for Henry will be at his whare and onto the local urupa this Monday Morning 26 March 2007

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 March, 2007 2:28 am
wahinetuwharetoa OWC
(@wahinetuwharetoa-owc)

My thoughts and prayers go out to you Darnell at the sad loss of your Dad. He was as aunty Roslyn has shared to young to pass. He was a good man and we had so many good times when he was in our circle. Namely the leg in the plaster times how funny was that. And the Good times we had in Christchurch when our lives just focused on having a lot of fun, as well as family and of course getting to work without a hang over.

All my love to you sweetheart, and my condolensces to his family in Wairoa<o:p></o:p>

Love Aunty Maureen Gemma and Clinton

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 March, 2007 2:31 am
wahinetuwharetoa OWC
(@wahinetuwharetoa-owc)

All our love to you Darnell. It was a shock to hear about your Dad. He was far too young to die. I remember him well. He was a nice guy. He use to sing a lot of Freddy Fender songs and everytime I hear those songs it reminds me of him. Wasted days and wasted nights was one he always use to sing at parties. Of course none of us will forget how he managed to get his leg in plaster. I still have the photo of him in plaster and on crutches at my wedding.

All our thoughts go out to you and the moko's at this sad time and all his whanau back in Wairoa and his wife.

All Our Love
Uncle Ben, Aunty Rosie and Whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 March, 2007 2:33 am
wahinetuwharetoa OWC
(@wahinetuwharetoa-owc)

That's really sad to hear. Darnell, my thoughts are with you. I remember your Dad - he was a nice man to us kids and a bus driver if i remember right. Have a safe journey to New Plymouth & home again. Arohamai, Justina & Whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 March, 2007 2:35 am
wahinetuwharetoa OWC
(@wahinetuwharetoa-owc)

A SHOCK AND SADLOSS HENRY FROM ALL YOUR WORK MATES AND CLOSE FRIENDS IN WAITARA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 March, 2007 2:38 am
Share: