Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

any KORERO to go with UMUTAPUPUIHI TAPUI???  

RSS
lesley fargher OF
(@lesley-fargher-of)

Kia Ora, I'm wanting to know more about one of my nannies. Her name was UMUTAPUPUIHI TAPUI, married a WILLIAM MORRIS. He was known to the Maori's as MORETE, she was known as PUIHI. In the early 1840's Puihi became very ill & her husband took her back to her iwi who lived in Wahanui (now known as Ormond) in what was then known as Turanganui (Gisborne). I have been ,over the past 2yrs,getting together my Maori Whakapapa. Iam not only interested in names of my anscestors but also stories to go with them...who they were, what they did, how they lived etc...

Posted : 31 July, 2004 6:46 pm
Share: