Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Discovering my wakapapa  

RSS
grace OF
(@grace-of)

Kia ora,
my family name is Grace from Tuparoa (Ruatoria),but I've heard that we are really Waiariki.My great grand father is Raniera (Dan) Grace and my great grand mother is Tukakahumai(Winefred) Beach.
I'am not sure if I have enough information, but I would like to put a tattoo that depicts my whakapapa.
I would also like to now who my ancestors are,going back as far as possible.

Thank you

Edited by - grace on 5/8/2004 10:32:47 PM

Posted : 08 May, 2004 10:23 pm
Falconette OWC
(@falconette-owc)

Try reading the book "Tuwharetoa" by John Grace, there may be some answers there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 May, 2004 5:46 pm
grace OF
(@grace-of)

Thanks falconette
may I ask where you are from

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2004 6:40 am
Anahera Piata OF
(@anahera-piata-of)

Kia ora grace i've just hooked up here and i'm also researching Ngati Apa Nga Waiariki Nga waiariki came to aotearoa way before the first migration there are three that history tells us about but Waiariki or Nga Waiariki is one of the original iwi that migrated to aotearoa is we were one of the very first iwi to be in aotearoa. John Grace's Tuwharetoa is good research material or other books like Rangitane, Te Kauae Raro or the mana whenua Report.
Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 July, 2004 9:45 pm
mark-hamilton OF
(@mark-hamilton-of)

Kiaora looking for information on birth dates from late 1800 to 1900 of the Penehira
whanau from Feilding. This whanau lived on Aorangi Marae. Is there anyone out there with information of the nature as birth and registrations came into law after the 1900 century?.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 July, 2004 7:36 am
rawakata OF
(@rawakata-of)

kia ora.
i think you should look up GRACE in the BOP white pages in the TAUPO/TURANGI section or better still ring lake taupo forest in Turangi and ask if your grandfather is, all was a share holder in the trust.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 July, 2004 5:25 am
Share: