Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

KAI TAHU  

RSS
Temanawa OF
(@temanawa-of)

Kia ora whanau, I'm helping my mum trying to locate her marae POSSIBLY in the Banks Peninsula area. Her mothers name was Cecelia Kaihau Edwards daughter of Ani Tau/Tamati and Hohepa Eruera Rakimakere. ANY information of ANY kind would help us out and be greatly appreciated. Kia ora ra.

Ngati Tuwharetoa, Kai Tahu, Te Atihaunui-a-paparangi

Posted : 24 August, 2002 8:21 pm
Rewi_Tau OF
(@rewi_tau-of)

Kia Ora Temanawa. My Grandmothers name was Kuini Tau-Edwards. She was born in 1907 to Ani Tau. She was the sister of Cecelia Kaihau Edwards. We have been researching our geneology for some time and it was a rush to find your posting. However I think some of your information differs from ours, I am not sure of that though as my brother holds the information at this time. I think Ani's husband was Henare Tamati and Hohepa Eruera Rakimakere was Kuini's Grandfather. Kuini married Taare Hina (Charles) Rewi and lived in Greytown, Wairarapa. After the passing of Taare, she remarried Bluey Burns. She was laid to rest in 1978 at Clareville Cemetary in Carterton. Feel free to contact me as I would love to talk further. My e-mail is lmsmith@xtra.co.nz. Regards Lesley.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 September, 2002 8:59 pm
Rewi_Tau OF
(@rewi_tau-of)

Kia Ora Temanawa. My Grandmothers name was Kuini Tau-Edwards, born to Ani Tau in 1907. She was the sister of Cecelia Kaihau Edwards. We have been researching our geneology for some time and it was a rush to find your posting. I think some of your information differs from ours but I am not sure as my brother holds the information at this time. You can contact me at lmsmith@xtra.co.nz. Regards Lesley

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 September, 2002 9:06 pm
Share: