Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Kamira/Campbell Whanau Miti Miti / Rangi Point  

RSS
Jo Kamira OF
(@jo-kamira-of)

Tena Katou Katoa,

I am the daughter of Matiu Kamira (Mathew Campbell) from Miti Miti (Te Rawara, Te Aupouri, Nga Puhi).

I came to Australia when I was four years old (which are more years ago than I would care to remember). I am seeking anyone who knew my dad or whanau. Dad passed away here in 1991 and we buried him at the urupa at Rookwood (Maori section) in Sydney. Dad attended Hato Petera in the late 1940's/1950's. He has 7 children and 9 moko's.

This information is for me and also for my son who was born in 1994 and is also of Wadi Wadi (Koori - Australia Aboriginal) descent. His Koori whanau are from the stolen generation and he has started to asked about his papa. If you knew my dad I would be interested in any info you may like to share (good or bad!)

Naaku na
Jo Kamira
Te rere o te Tarakakao
Canberra
Australia
kamira@optusnet.com.au
jokamira@kamirastacey.com.au

Posted : 08 May, 2003 9:07 am
jewell3 OF
(@jewell3-of)

Kia ora! Ko Tui Martin Toku ingoa no Mitimiti ahau. Kia ora whana!!

I te taha o toku papa; - on my dads side.

My grandfathers name was is Rameka Martin of Mitimiti who married a Maria Hotere from Mitimiti. Now on my mums side, I have an aunty in Australia who also married a Hotere. I do know that the Hotere whanau have this family history book they keep of all whanau married into there family as well as all whanau history from Mitimiti. Including the Kamira whanau(known as Campbell's) um Matini(Martin) wahanau, Leef (leefe) whanau, anyone in relation to Mitimiti will have history recorded in this book. I haven't at present got a contact phone number for my aunty and her family in Australia but if you look up a few names I am sure they will be more than happy to help you out. Mercia Hotere, Rau(Raukura) Hotere, Judy Walmsley(Mercia's sister) all these people live in Australia. In New Zealand you can try and contact Barney and Irene Hotere, 8 Wenlock Place, Manurewa, South Auckland, NZ. Their contact phone no is 09 266 9057. Good luck and I hope this helps you out a little more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 June, 2003 5:44 pm
bunny OF
(@bunny-of)

for Jo Kamira,

You may nit have learned that uncle Barney Hotere has passed away, the next in line to contact from the Hotere Whanau would be Uncle Charlie Hotere who currently resides at 58 Kelman Road, Kelston Auckland - Phone (09)818 5287.

He would be most happy to hear from you and walk you through your search, Tena Koe

Bunny Jacobs (another cuz just cruzin the net!!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 June, 2003 7:09 pm
jewell3 OF
(@jewell3-of)

is this the same Barney Hotere with 4 children. Anita, Karl, Marcus and Mario??
would like to know as my dad just lives up the road from them and we haven't heard anything.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 June, 2003 4:17 am
Jo Kamira OF
(@jo-kamira-of)

Kia ora Jewel and Bunny,

Thank you! My surname was Campbell until 1994 when I decided to return to Kamira. I have been back to Miti Miti with my tane and tamariki in 2001. Uncle Rau was at my dad's tangi but we had lost contact. I will be chasing the whanau up again here in Aussie. Thank you. If you or any one remembers Dad, I'd be really interested in anything you do remember about him as I know very little of his life prior to he and mum getting together. My email direct is kamira@optusnet.com.au or jokamira@kamirastacey.com.au

ka kite
Jo
PS You may be interested to know that ,my best mates here are Sandra who is a Dunn from Rangi Point and Jo Diamond who is a Karaka and a Hotere from Rangi Point and Miti Miti! My point is that we met in Canberra and live here, so it seems we never fall too far from the Hokianga tree aye!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 June, 2003 8:54 am
jewell3 OF
(@jewell3-of)

kia ora Jo,
Uncle Rau contact phone is 0061246280535.
You may have noticed it has the area codes as well. I have no idea how you work out the Australian phone no so I have given you what we dial here in NZ. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2003 4:13 am
Share: