Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

POTATAU / WATI / HERETINI WHANAU  

RSS
jhari OF
(@jhari-of)

TAKUA AROHA,
MY FIRST POST HAD SOME ERRORS
I AM SEARCHING FOR MY KORO WHAKAPAPA NAMED PARAHUKA POTATAU, WAIKATO IWI, & LIVED IN PUKEKOHE AFFILIATED TO HORAHORA MARAE- NGAATI POU TE HAPU.

HOANA WATI (WHITE) @ HOANA HERETINI IS MY KUIA, SHE LIVED MOST HER LIFE IN WHIRINAKI HOKIANGA. I AM TOLD SHE IS NGATI PAROU I DON'NT KNOW ANY DETAILS IE: IWI
MY NAN & HER PARENTS ARE BURIED IN MAKERU URUPA, WHIRINAKI
ANYONE WITH INFORMATION ON ANY OR BOTH MY
TUPUNA PLEASE MAKE CONTACT

AROHANUI
JHARE

Posted : 23 May, 2003 5:38 pm
romi OF
(@romi-of)

Tena koe,
I will need more details re: your tupuna. I am from Horahora marae, I know the Potatau whanau, though the more knowledgeable ones have passed on, my mother-in-law was Te Ahiorongo Pawa Puhi Potatau, who was of Rongowhakaata (East Coast) and Waikato. Ngati Pou is still evident in Waikato, though you might be interested to know a lot of them went to Mangakahia to live last century as the result of a)Land wars with the pakeha, or b) Fighting against the Ngapuhi. Judging by your request, I sense the name Huakaiwaka to be part of your whakapapa. Please confirm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 June, 2003 2:25 pm
Share: