Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

searching for TE MOANANUI whanau  

RSS
Madam OF
(@madam-of)

Kia ora e te iwi

My name is Delphi Te Moananui and I am searching for anyone who may know anything about the Te Moananui whanau. I been told that they come from Paeroa somewhere. I just want to know where I come from.
I know that my grandfathers name is Tawhaki Te Moananui and he had was married to Tangiwai Tapiata. If anyone knows anything about me grandparents especially my grandfather Tawhaki then please, please reply back

Thank you
Delphi Te Moananui

Posted : 15 March, 2004 5:53 pm
aggie OF
(@aggie-of)

Kia Ora Delphi,
My name is Aggie, I am from Paeroa and know the whanau very well. I come From Te Moananui Flats, in Paeroa. Most people think its a block of flats like in the city, but its a lovely village that consist of a 2klm road.
Houses are darted on either side of road with about 14 Houses. At the end of the Road is a Marae called Ngahutoitoi which is situated by a river, The Whare nui is called Te Awapu it's very beautiful- you should go there some time soon. Your Hapu is called Tara Tokanui Tawhaki- (Your Grandfather).
The Tupuna that founded the Iwi & Marae.
You can also whakapapa back to Pai O Hauraki Marae, Tirohia and others in the area.
Your Maunga is called Tapu Ariki and your awa is called Ohinemuri.
I was brought up in the house beside the Marae for most of child hood, my best memorys are there. My mother and father are buried at the urupa along with lots of my close relatives.
You have hundreds of whanau out there, it will help me if you could tell me who are your parents, Aunts, Uncles, Siblings ect
If you are serious about finding your whanau I will be happy to help you, so please contact me.
Arohanui Aggie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2004 3:34 am
huia OF
(@huia-of)

Tena koe,
cuzzie delphie, sorry not much I can help you with. I'm doing the same too finding my tupuna. Hope you or the whanau can help me.
I know a little about my grandmother Nannie Emily Te Moananui buried at waioumu and my grandfather Peta Nore Karu buried at ngahutoitoi. I am hoping any whanau can help me find my ancestor. I am both their first born mokopuna. My mother name agnes ake Tehuia, my name known as Lornay
aroha....Lornay

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2004 2:53 am
huia OF
(@huia-of)

Tena koe,
cuzzie delphie, sorry not much I can help you with. I'm doing the same too finding my tupuna. Hope you or the whanau can help me.
I know a little about my grandmother Nannie Emily Te Moananui buried at waioumu and my grandfather Peta Nore Karu buried at ngahutoitoi. I am hoping any whanau can help me find my ancestor. I am both their first born mokopuna. My mother name agnes ake Tehuia, my name known as Lornay
aroha....Lornay

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2004 2:54 am
huia OF
(@huia-of)

Tena koe,
aroha....Lornay

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2004 2:54 am
Mena OF
(@mena-of)

Hi looking at Moananui name, could be same line but not sure

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 April, 2004 7:02 am
Mena OF
(@mena-of)

Hi looking at Moananui name, could be same line but not sure

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 April, 2004 7:02 am
Reo Rapana OF
(@reo-rapana-of)

Tena korua Delphi raua ko Aggie. He mihi ki a korua, aku whanaunga. Aggie has put you on the track. I also whakapapa to Te Pai o Hauraki and ngahutoitoi marae. Makuini Te Moananui alias Poata Makuini is my kuia and is the sister of Meha Te Moananui and they are the children of Tanumeha Te Moananui whowas born in the 1800's. So that's going back a couple of centuries. You would be a descendant of Tanumeha. Would both of you like to email me at my email address which is karangamai2004@hotmail.com and carry on this conversation. Would love to hear from you Aggie for a korero. My name is Reo Rapana, my maiden name is Koroneho and my mothers maiden name is Piahana.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 April, 2004 1:54 am
brendonm OF
(@brendonm-of)

Tena koutou katoa,
Ko Brendon Moses toku ingoa. My koro Jack Moses (aka Te Ringa Katao Eriapa/Elliott/Iriapa) lies buried at Ngahutoitoi. We are closely related to the Te Moananui whanau. My Aunt Heneriata Te Teira (daughter of my gerat aunt Tira Kahurangi Elliott/Eriapa <- who was sister of my koro Jack) married Henare Te Moananui. There are numerous ties on my koro's side of the whanau, and in addition on my kuia's (Maki Wirihana) side we are Tapiata's...

Small world huh! Anyway, I'd love to discuss whakapapa and that sort of thing. It's clear that we are related. I have built a website at www.mohio.maori.nz for our whanau to use as a connection point for panui and that sort of thing. Drop in to the site if you like,I just launched it a week ago so it lacks a lot on content but 'Hei aha!' it'll develop over time or drop me a line at webmaster@mohio.maori.nz

Kia Kaha whanau!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 April, 2004 12:09 am
Dawn Cassidy OF
(@dawn-cassidy-of)

Tena koutou katoa. Ko Dawn taku ingoa. Im closely related 2 the TeMoananui whanau. My maiden name is Wilson and my parents were Ben and Emily Wilson whom r both buried at Ngahutoitoi. I know Aunty Nellie very well and also the Karu whanau and also Peta Te Moananui. I was born in Ngatea in 1948 and later moved back 2 my dads stomping ground in Paeroa. U r related 2 the Gage, Tungia, Hapi, Hirawani, Wilson, Oka and all the whanau (MAORI) in Hauraki regardless who u r. My grandmother was Mere Keeti (GAGE) and my koro was Taka Wihana Wirihana (WILSON). If anyone wants 2 korero e-mail me on nanaotaki93@msn.com. Ka kite ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 May, 2004 6:41 pm
Dawn Cassidy OF
(@dawn-cassidy-of)

Tena koutou katoa. Ko Dawn taku ingoa. Im closely related 2 the TeMoananui whanau. My maiden name is Wilson and my parents were Ben and Emily Wilson whom r both buried at Ngahutoitoi. I know Aunty Nellie very well and also the Karu whanau and also Peta Te Moananui. I was born in Ngatea in 1948 and later moved back 2 my dads stomping ground in Paeroa. U r related 2 the Gage, Tungia, Hapi, Hirawani, Wilson, Oka and all the whanau (MAORI) in Hauraki regardless who u r. My grandmother was Mere Keeti (GAGE) and my koro was Taka Wihana Wirihana (WILSON). If anyone wants 2 korero e-mail me on nanaotaki93@msn.com. Ka kite ano.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 May, 2004 6:42 pm
Share: