Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Searching for TUKARAWA Tupuna & Whanau  

RSS
mitacare OWC
(@mitacare-owc)

Kia Ora Te Whanau

My name is Bruce Mita of Ngati Hako. My Father is Rifle (Raiwhara) Wiremu Mita. My grandfather is Hauriri Whatukaiponu Tukarawa Mita, my great-grandfather is Te Amo Tukarawa and my great-great-grandfather is Pa (Te Puehu) Tukarawa.

I am trying to trace my Tukarawa Tupuna from Pa Tukarawa back to as far as I can. Any Tukarawa whanau or anyone else that can help me do that, I would greatly appreciate establishing contact with you or to receive whatever information you can provide for me.

Sadly, I have not had the priviledge to learn of my Tukarawa side of the family and neither have they ever been spoken of, but as for me I am longing to find my family and my Tupuna.

Kia Ora.

Aroha nui
Ka Kite Ano
Bruce Mita

Edited by - brucemita on 1/14/2004 6:59:14 AM

Kia Ora Romi
Thank you for the whakapapa you have shared, I appreciate it very much.

I have not been able to contact you via email 'cos I don't have your email address. Therefore if you wouldn't mind, would you send me an email to: brucemita@mitacare.com.au Kia Ora

Bruce

Edited by - brucemita on 2/21/2004 4:53:12 PM

Posted : 14 January, 2004 6:53 am
romi OF
(@romi-of)

Tena koe
Tukarawa is known in Waikato as being from Ngati Naho (Mercer, south to and including Rangiriri). His full name was Tukarawa Tipene Te Pou or Te Po. He was the father of many children: Te Amo, Whatu, Te Aira, Te Waimatou, Ngaware and Whiunui.
A comprehensive whakapapa(albeit, an informal one)of Whiunui has already been created by his uri. Ngaware should be completed by this time next year.
You might like to e-m me for further details.
Kia ora
Romi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 January, 2004 2:42 am
mitacare OWC
(@mitacare-owc)

Kia Ora Romi

Thank you for the information you posted in relation to my Tukarawa Tupuna. I have tried unsuccessfully to contact you via the Maori.org email system attached to the message board. Therefore would you mind contacting me via my personal email address which is: brucemita@mitacare.com.au

I look forward to hearing from you. Kia Ora.

Bruce

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2004 6:15 pm
Hinemako OF
(@hinemako-of)

Kia ora Romi raua ko Bruce
Ko Mako ahau
No Ngati Naho
Ko Te Pou tooku tupuna matua ka puta mai ko Tipene Tukarawa Te Pou, ka moe a Tipene kia Tiatia Heiraukura ka puta mai ki Tukarawa Tipene Te Pou, ka moe a Tukarawa kia Harimate Nutana ka puta mai e whitu nga Tamariki, tetehi o nga tamariki ko Te Whiunui te Tungane o Te Amo tou Tupuna e Bruce, na, Ko Te Whiunui Tooku Tupuna matua, e hiahia ana koe e mohio tou whakapapa haere mai koe kia ahau e tuhituhi mai ana tou email nera! ka pai, whaiaaipo@msn.com tooku email..........
if u didnt understand this e bruce email me and i will link u up wif our site there u will find our whakapapa e karangarua (cousin)
Naaku noa naa
Mako

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 February, 2004 3:23 am
Hinemako OF
(@hinemako-of)

E mohio ana ahau tou whakapapa e Bruce

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 February, 2004 9:41 pm
Share: