Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Whaka Papa of Chief Potatau Te Wherowhero  

RSS
Andrew Quinn OF
(@andrew-quinn-of)

I believe that i am descendant of Chief Potatau Te Wherowhero and im looking for the Whaka Papa of his whanau

Posted : 13 July, 2003 6:43 am
Becz OF
(@becz-of)

Good on you for enquiring to the BIG FULLAS whakapapa, however, been Waikato(iwi), theres an underline of discretion - go to your marae ask kaumatua, aunties, uncles or so on. If thats not helpful, go to Poukai they're held monthly or so annually. Good Luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 July, 2003 12:44 am
Rebecca Hunapo OF
(@rebecca-hunapo-of)

Good on you for enquiring to the BIG FULLAS whakapapa, however, been Waikato(iwi), theres an underline of discretion - go to your marae ask kaumatua, aunties, uncles or so on. If thats not helpful, go to Poukai they're held monthly or so annually. Good Luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 July, 2003 12:45 am
Hinemako OF
(@hinemako-of)

Hey bro
Yep your going to find it hard to connect yourself with Potatau why because of who he is in Waikato his whakapapa is regarded as tapu only the lines of the kingitanga and his tupuna are known publicly anything else outside of that is locked up in the minds of our kuia and kaumatua to get it take alot of careful talking in other words your treading on egg shells be careful with your words when asking them some of them would send you down the wrong track others will help you have to figure out which one is which.
KIA KAHA BRO

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 June, 2004 12:05 am
Hinemako OF
(@hinemako-of)

Hey bro
Yep your going to find it hard to connect yourself with Potatau why because of who he is in Waikato his whakapapa is regarded as tapu only the lines of the kingitanga and his tupuna are known publicly anything else outside of that is locked up in the minds of our kuia and kaumatua to get it take alot of careful talking in other words your treading on egg shells be careful with your words when asking them some of them would send you down the wrong track others will help you have to figure out which one is which.
KIA KAHA BRO

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 June, 2004 12:05 am
waiata_rose2 OF
(@waiata_rose2-of)

You go for it Bro as far as I can see their are alot of us that were whangai out to the whanau and after a while as I myself want answers for myself and my tamariki.I am a direct descendant to the Chief Kamariera Wharepapa and I found all this info on my own and I was accepted with open arms by my extended whanau and you will be too.Tena koe tangata whenua...

Marsh/Maihi Kaikohe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 July, 2004 3:14 am
waiata_rose2 OF
(@waiata_rose2-of)

You go for it Bro as far as I can see their are alot of us that were whangai out to the whanau and after a while as I myself want answers for myself and my tamariki.I am a direct descendant to the Chief Kamariera Wharepapa and I found all this info on my own and I was accepted with open arms by my extended whanau and you will be too.Tena koe tangata whenua...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 July, 2004 3:15 am
waiata_rose2 OF
(@waiata_rose2-of)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 July, 2004 3:15 am
Share: