Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

ANARU / ANDREWS  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
juleznz OWC
(@juleznz-owc)

KiaOra all:) any contact or info re Te Whaiuri Anaru Tuhokairangi of Patea in fact any ANDREWS/ANARU whanau be great to hear from you Cheers

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 9:49:21 PM

Posted : 17 February, 2005 9:52 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora juleznz,

If you go to www.familysearch.org, set the country to NZ and put Tuhokairangi in the surname box you will get quite a lot of results, which may be able to help you.

Likewise, you coud try the same for Anaru and then Andrews - but I am guessing that there will be far more results for Andrews.

Good Luck

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2005 2:08 am
exqwsit OWC
(@exqwsit-owc)

Juleznz,
Hi my brother-in-law's surname is Anaru, he comes from Wairoa he
was brought up by his grandfather Andy Anaru.(Papa)Is what we knew him by his wife's name was Paihemata she was from Wairoa, I am not sure where Papa was from but he may be one of your relatives.
I hope this helps you in your search.

Edited by - exqwsit on Mar 07 2005 12:38:32 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2005 12:35 am
ruckus OWC
(@ruckus-owc)

kia ora Juleznz
We belong to the Anaru whanau from Tangoio, Napier, however I do know that Papa Sam Andrews who was a member of the Ratana Church and also lived in that area, his whanau may well be of some help to you.

Kia kaha mai hei whai atu ki tou taonga nei.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 March, 2005 4:44 pm
izzy OWC
(@izzy-owc)

kia ora juleznz
my husbands is a andrews/anaru from wairoa. he father is wetini anaru, if you want to know more give me a buzz, have whakapapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 April, 2005 6:59 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Anaru very prominent name in Awarua Kaikohe and Hawkes Bay.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 September, 2005 1:53 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Try www.surnamenavigator.org

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 11:10 am
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Most of this family settled in Wairarapa. I relate to Mita Anaru Tuhokoirangi b abt 1850 who md Hera Cootes of Otaki (my mothers side) and the daughter md and settled in Hawkes Bay (my fathers side}. This family are closely related by Marriage to the Parata family of Waikanae (My Grandma is a Parata)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 October, 2005 10:20 pm
BlueMags OWC
(@bluemags-owc)

Hi, I am researching my whakapapa. My mother is an Andrews from Tangoio and I have reasearched as far back as her g grandfather Anaru Kune 1821 but I can't go any further than that and I am also looking for her mother's side. If you have any information on the Aperahama/Eruera-Taika/Tongariro/Moore/
Sullivan/Huatau names from the Hawkes Bay area I would be truly grateful. I now live in the United States and it is not easy to get information from here. Thanks everybody!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2006 12:15 pm
Nayzfiroa OWC
(@nayzfiroa-owc)

Kia Ora Jules, Ko Darlene Rene'e Anduze ahau. My whanau name is Anaru/Andrews/Anduze. It is our whanau that is in the Kaikohe region (northland). Our tupuna "Charles Anduze" is originally from the town Anduze in France. If you would like to talk more you can contact me. If your whakapapa leads you back to France, then we will be related. Over the years our surname has changed from the french name to the maori name then to the english version. But the original is "Anduze". 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 March, 2006 9:53 pm
margiet OWC
(@margiet-owc)

quote:

Hi, I am researching my whakapapa. My mother is an Andrews from Tangoio and I have reasearched as far back as her g grandfather Anaru Kune 1821 but I can't go any further than that and I am also looking for her mother's side. If you have any information on the Aperahama/Eruera-Taika/Tongariro/Moore/
Sullivan/Huatau names from the Hawkes Bay area I would be truly grateful. I now live in the United States and it is not easy to get information from here. Thanks everybody!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 August, 2006 8:21 pm
margiet OWC
(@margiet-owc)

quote:

Hi BlueMags I too am a descendant of Anaru Kune, I haven't that much info but I'll share whatever I have with you. Feel free to send me a line.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 August, 2006 8:28 pm
amaoricangirl OWC
(@amaoricangirl-owc)

kia ora,

My great great grandmother was named Kura o Tahu Tuhokairangi Anaru, who married a Namana from the Wairarapa. I believe this may be the same line you speak of. Please contact me if you find anything out, would love to explore that side of the whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2006 8:39 pm
ApanuiAnaru OWC
(@apanuianaru-owc)

Kia ora,

I'm an Anaru, My Whanau are from Cape Runaway (Whangaparaoa) Te Whanau A Apanui te Iwi. My Grandfather is Hoani Anaru his family are originally from Te Kaha his father is Tiweka Anaru. Nice to know there are so many Anaru's out there.

Edited by - ApanuiAnaru on Mar 23 2007 7:59:19 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2007 2:47 pm
finding whanau OWC
(@finding-whanau-owc)

Kia ora koutou,

I'm an Anaru also. Unfortunately I don't know very much at all about my whanau and am really interested to talk to anyone who may be able to help me out. My Grandfather is Nepia Anaru (Whanau a Rua) and my Grandmother is Turuhire Mei Korohina (Whanau a Rakairoa). My father was born at Opotiki but I think they were originally from Te Kaha.

Any help is much appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 April, 2007 12:16 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: