Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Anglem/Te mamaru family  

RSS
Matt OWC
(@matt-owc)

I am looking for any info on William and Te Anau Anglem and Rawiri Te Mamaru as for these people were my great great great great great grandparents.
As the only people who i could of talked to have passed away i am unable to get my info on these people.
If anyone can help fill in the blanks i would be very thankful.
You can email me on traceynmat@xtra.co.nz
Thank you,
Mathew.

Posted : 31 March, 2007 4:51 pm
Upokoruru OWC
(@upokoruru-owc)

kia ora Matt,
I have just sent you some information regarding these tupuna, especially Rawiri Te Mamaru.First we need to verify exactly if they are the same people, but I am quite sure they are.
I also found this:Anglem William Andrew from Ireland settled at Ruapuke 18xx - 18xx
Chris Anglem:chrisanglem@hotmail.com: March 7th 2004
Thus, part of the research is not based on capt.William Anglem as such,but William Andrew Anglem perhaps, since there is a 'William Anglem' admitted to the 'Ngai Tahu kaumatua Book of 1848'.This last person was probably the son of Anglem from Ireland who married a 'local' Maori woman who may have been Te Anau.I am sure you can verify this.

Irian.

Edited by - Upokoruru on Apr 01 2007 12:18:11 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2007 7:23 pm
Share: