Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

APERAHAMA / ABRAHAM / Tahunui-a-rangi  

RSS
BlueMags OWC
(@bluemags-owc)

Researching whakapapa.

I am looking for information about Tahunui-a-rangi Aperahama (born abt. 1873 in Hawkes Bay?) married to Whakahinga Huatau (born abt. 1874).

If anyone can help me with my ancestors I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Posted : 18 February, 2006 7:35 pm
Grant Pahia OWC
(@grant-pahia-owc)

Hi, I am familiar with the names from my own research and time I spent with a kuia named Mere Raymond. She has passed on now. I am a little unsure about the birth dates you have given. The first Aperahama Tahunuiarangi was born well before 1873. I am guessing the first Aperahama would have been married to Huatau because his son of the same name married the daughter of Eruera Taika, from memory her name was Rawinia. These people were all from Nga Wairiki and Ngati Apa, from up the Whangaehu Valley. This is south of Whanganui. Kauangaroa Marae is the last Marae in the area - check out the Ngati Apa website www.ngatiapa.iwi.nz Also, there is a Lindauer portrait of the first Aperahama Tahunuiarangi in the Whanganui Regional Museum which is owned by his descendants.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2006 8:45 pm
Share: