Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Aston,Ashton,Lee,Williamson,  

RSS
Muz OWC
(@muz-owc)

Kia Ora all,

Sarah Timu (aka Timo)(Ngai Tahu) b abt1800 - 1810 Ruapuke Island, was sent when she was abt 12 yrs old to north Is to be a bride for a chief (this was to have made ties between the two tribes)but when she got there the chief who was old had died and the tribe didn't want her and put her out that is when she meet John Lee they had a son and he brought her back to Ruapuke Island.

Our Whakapapa goes back to the Takitimu canoe

A picture of Sarah is on the wall at Ngai Tahu in Christchurch I believe it is in the Whakapapa unit

Edited by - Muz on Feb 11 2008 10:42:46 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2008 11:28 am
KathMore
(@kathmore)

Hi.. can I have more information on Sarah Timu's whakapapa please? I come down the Maraea Lee Baird line

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 May, 2018 11:39 pm
Rachel 123
(@rachel-123)
Hi there I am currently researching family history of Jean Beryl Williamson/Ashwell who was the daughter of Mary Theresa Williamson (daughter of Maria T Aston and Charles Williamson, grand daughter of Elizabeth Lee).  I was wondering if you could help in anyway?  Are you able to tell me who the father of Jean was? I was wondering if there was any ngai tahu links or what iwi links there are?  Any help or  information anyone has would be amazing.

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 December, 2018 3:32 pm
Share: