Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

AUREKA Arabella  

RSS
Thelma OWC
(@thelma-owc)

I am trying to trace any whanau that is related to my Great Great grandmother.I know she had a sister,but cannot remember her name.My Grandmother married Joseph Crocome and they had three children.I know of most relations from that time,however I am now trying to trace back on grandmthers side.
She was Ngai Tahu.

If anyone can help,I would be very grateful.
P/S. There was another name I found that may have been used,and that is Arapera Rauneka.

Thank You. Thelma.

Posted : 24 May, 2006 8:21 pm
elismum OWC
(@elismum-owc)

Hi Thelma, I am a descendant of Arapera Raureka (not Rauneka) and Dr. Joseph Crocombe. She was my GGG Grandmother. I only know of my direct line to her, they had a daughter called Jenny or Jane McTaggart (nee Crocombe), who had a son called John McTaggart, who had a daughter Kuia Whale (nee McTaggart) who is my grandmother. So I guess we must be related somehow along the way lol.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 August, 2006 11:50 pm
Thelma OWC
(@thelma-owc)

quote:

Hi Thelma, I am a descendant of Arapera Raureka (not Rauneka) and Dr. Joseph Crocombe. She was my GGG Grandmother. I only know of my direct line to her, they had a daughter called Jenny or Jane McTaggart (nee Crocombe), who had a son called John McTaggart, who had a daughter Kuia Whale (nee McTaggart) who is my grandmother. So I guess we must be related somehow along the way lol.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 August, 2006 12:03 am
Thelma OWC
(@thelma-owc)

Hi Elismum.Thank you so much for replying.We sure are related,as Jane McTaggart was my greatgrandmother and John her son was my grandmothers brother.Grandmas name was Athol Cross (nee McTagart).It is great to have found someone who is related on this side of the family.I hope that we may be able to keep in touch. Thelma.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 August, 2006 12:09 am
elismum OWC
(@elismum-owc)

Hi Thelma, good to hear from you. From what you have said, I worked out that my nana (Kuia) and your mother were first cousins and that would make you and my Mum second cousins. If you would like to email me on elismum@hotmail.com I could give you more information.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 August, 2006 7:38 pm
Share: