Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

BEAZELY, Elizabeth  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS
Angela OWC
(@angela-owc)

I am searching for information with regards to my mother Elizabeth
Beazely from Iwi Ngati Porou of the Whanui Forest area,and I would like to find out information on my grandmother and g.g.m.as I was not brought up in maoridom and I would like to get back to my heritage as my daughter is very interested and asks a lot of questions which make me very sad.
My mother's father is George Beazely from Aotea Tokomaru Iwi in Taranaki
I was seperated from my mother and the family at a early age and my mother has pass over to be with her ancestors.

Is there anybody out there who can HELP!!!

Posted : 01 September, 2005 4:38 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Angela,
I know it is very difficult to look for info on tipuna, there is a book called 'HOROUTA' written by Rongowhaata Halbert that may come in handy for ancestor information because it contains several whakapapa, land info etc. It maybe useful to include your mothers maiden name in your post if you know it to as there are many Ngati Porou whanaunga who are members of this site, including myself. I'm sure there is help for you here...

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 September, 2005 1:49 am
Angela OWC
(@angela-owc)

Kia ora Jax,
Thank you very much for your helpful reply,and can I order this book online? as I live in oz.

Angela

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 September, 2005 9:22 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Angela,
I owe two apologies to you first, sorry it took me a couple of days to answer, and secondly I made a type-o in the last post. The authors name is Rongowhakaata Halbert, and there is a link on the maori.org.nz homepage. Hope thats helpful.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 September, 2005 12:52 am
Kriddles OWC
(@kriddles-owc)

Kia Ora next time your online check out my clothing range on my webpage
www.maorination.co.nz
christmas is coming up fast,wear our identity proud,Kia Ora.
Sorry I cant awhi you on finding whanau, Kia Kaha.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 11:44 am
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena Koe Angela,
Well Kare, I'm new to this but I have sent you an e-mail detailing a William Henry Beazley, an Englishman who arrived at Hokianga as a passenger on the S.S.Patriot from England on the 21 April 1936. He married twice. First to Elizabeth Faulkner of Ngaitukairangi, Tauranga on 7 January 1853. When she died on 5 February 1869, secondly, he married a Elizabeth Boyce who died 9 August 1921. William Henry Beazley died at the age of 89 on 7 March 1910. William named the second of his ten children Elizabeth Regina. Successive generations of William have continued to name their children Elizabeth.

Good Luck with this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 October, 2006 10:25 pm
gina OWC
(@gina-owc)

KIa Ora Angela

I am very curious about your search as I hail from the Beazley whanau in Omanaia (Te Tai Tokerau). My grandfather's name is George Beazley and one of my aunty's is Elizabeth Beazley. Two popular names it seems in the Beazley whanau. I am also curious about the connection to Tauranga and the Faulkners. I heard there was a Faulkner reunion in Tauranga where the Bealey whanau were the biggest contingent. Are we related?? I too would like to know about this. My tupuna were Ani and Alfred Beazley who are both buried in Omanaia by our marae Nukutawhiti. I don't know much about my Grandads whanau as he moved to Wellington when he was in his 20's and never went back. If anyone else is reading this panui I would also like a contact to get in touch with about going back to visit my marae Nukutawhiti during christmas.Heoi ano aroha mai for my ake korero

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 October, 2006 4:00 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Gina,

Ae! - Faulkners; Ae! - Tauranga;

Ae! - Omanaia:

"Puhanga Tohura te Maunga, Ngati Hau me Ngati Kohorou Te Hapu, Omanaia te Awa. Ngatokimatawhaorua me Mataatua nga Waka"

Geoge Thomas Beazley I, one of William Henry Beazley's children married Mereana Makarini aka Mereana (Pakete), had a brother Alfred.

George Thomas Beazley II, son of Christopher Beazley born 15.12.1887 and Ngawai Ripia, married Nellie Wells and did have siblings including Elizabeth Jane (Lizzie) and Annie who married Korari Kaio ? (Kaeo).

This korero was given to me by Te Aohau (deceased), their youngest brother. I was very privileged to have met them all.

Kia Ora ano.

Edited by - Retimana on Oct 28 2006 8:00:34 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 October, 2006 7:52 pm
gina OWC
(@gina-owc)

Kia ora mo tena Retimana

I had an interesting korero with my Grandad and we hail more from Mangakahia-Pakotai. Although my Great Grandad Alfred is buried in Omanaia so we must have roots there as well. I have the task of writing a korero about my rohe as I am currently learning Te Reo under Te Ataarangi in Welligton. It always makes me sad when I don't know the full story but I am hoping wih time I will keep on learning more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 October, 2006 3:18 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora gina,

Your great, great grandfather George Thomas, according to the records I have, show that he was the 4th child of William Henry Beazley and Elizabeth Faulkner and that he married Mereana Makarini - aka - Mereana Pakete.

I regret that did not keep a copy of the PM response I sent to you, so only have the above 'posting' to follow. Given your Oct 29 posting, I have absolutely no doubt that this is your whanau.

I'm sorry, I have no further whakapapa information that I see, to be relevant to your specific search, but may well know someone who might.

I will check this at the first opportunity I'm given to do so. Sadly, at present, it looks likely to be at the time you propose to visit but I will let you if I receive any further information that may advance your search.

Perhaps, you could consider forwarding your whakapapa, back to your great grandfather. as it could well fill in some 'missing links' for your whanau, I know.

Kia Ora ano

Edited by - Retimana on Nov 05 2006 9:00:55 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 November, 2006 8:57 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora gina,

Good news. Apparently a "George (M) Mereana" whakapapa exists - likely held by one of their descendants. Identifying who this is, within your whanau, I leave to you.

Naku Noa Na Retimana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 November, 2006 10:56 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

I think you may find the BOP Faulkner whanaus Whakapapa was recently compiled and published to coincide with an anniversary.
From memory it was Jackie Lloyd ( nee Faulkner) who wrote and organised the publication. I understand Jackie and Cliff are no longer in Tauranga,they are living somewhere down the East Coast towards Te Kaha. Someone from her family in Tauranga may be able to help you further

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 November, 2006 12:08 am
gina OWC
(@gina-owc)

Kia ora Korua Retimana raua ko markonijoy

With a bit of persistence I finally found the Faulkner reunion website and lots of contacts that hopefully will answer some of my patai. Thank-you both for your information.
I just have one more patai about our maunga, awa, marae, waka. I think my mum was given some incorrect information regarding our pepeha. On my grandad's side we have always thought the following

Ko Te Taraiorahiri te maunga
Ko Nukutawhiti te marae
Ko Mangakahia te awa
Ko Mamari te waka

I'm a bit confused now as I think this is the pepeha of the Mangakahia rohe, my grandad'a kainga noho and where their homestead still stands, not the actual ahi ka if you like of the Beazley whanau. Could you help with this at all Retimana.I notice your pepeha is quite different but refers to the Omanaia rohe.

Just a note to you Angela if you looking for more korero about your Beazley/Faulkner whanau-the Faulkner Reunion website is awesome and even by reading through their messages on the bulletin board you find more korero to add to your kete about our whakapapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2006 1:17 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Gina,

With regard to your "patai about our maunga, awa, marae, waka. I think my mum was given some incorrect information regarding our pepeha. On my grandad's side we have always thought the following

Ko Te Taraiorahiri te maunga
Ko Nukutawhiti te marae
Ko Mangakahia te awa
Ko Mamari te waka"

Kotiro, in my experience, whakapapa information given, no matter its origin or source, is never wrong.

However, in saying that, what often does occur in the 'passing on', 'passing down' or 'handing over' ie the transmission/communication process, is that the 'connective elements' and 'relationship relevancy' details, are ommitted.

So, when that happens (and it does a lot!) we are left with the intrigue of plaiting the whariki - Our labour of love, for ourselves, those we belong to and all that belong to us.

I think that any whakapapa information received, possesses an intrinsic value, even though we sometimes cannot see it. But like many others have said, Blessings and Salutations to all those who perpetuate knowledge in a spirit of goodwill.

Aroha mai Kotiro, I'll get the other information together and get back to you.

Kia Ora ano

Edited by - Retimana on Nov 12 2006 10:48:03 PM

Edited by - Retimana on Dec 16 2006 12:25:05 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2006 10:13 pm
kiwidiva OWC
(@kiwidiva-owc)

Aloha! I am also a descendant of Elizabeth Beazley (nee Faulkner) through her son George Thomas and his wife Mereana Makarini and their son Daniel Beazley and his wife Maude Elizabeth (nee Baker) to my grandmother Miriam (Bubs) Stephens.

I was fortunate to attend the Faulkner reunion 2 years ago in Tauranga and learned more about the Faulkner/Tauranga connection. The Beazley whanau was definitely well represented and the talk at the end of the reunion was that the whanau in Omanaia would host the next reunion.

Does anyone know if any plans have been made?

Also, the Faulkner whanau website has a WEALTH of information for all of John Lees Faulkner's descendants including pictures of many of our tupuna. If you haven't already done so, check it out at: http://groups.msn.com/Faulkner/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 December, 2006 6:53 am
Page 1 / 3
Share: