Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

BENNETT/HALBERT  

RSS
BK OWC
(@bk-owc)

BENNETT/HALBERT

Kia ora, looking for anyone who could help find info/photo's of the following Tupuna;

Thomas Jackson BENNETT (migrated from Ireland) and Raiha (Rangikawhiti) RATETE or Eliza Rogers) parents of Henry D. BENNETT

Henry Dargaville BENNETT (brother to Bishop F.A Bennett),
Ngapera Huiarei PINE (wife of Henry D. BENNETT, I think from Wanganui area maybe Gisborne, b. in Moawhango ), both Henry & Ngapera are my GGGranparents from my Grandmother's mother heke - Katerina Hiratukiterangi BENNETT.

Thomas Matewai HALBERT (possibly from Gisborne) and
Ripeka (Repeke) Matehaere BROWN (possibly from Manutuke ), both are my GGGrandparents on my Grandmother's father heke - Iriaiterangi Lawerance HALBERT.

Regards
B.E Johnson

Posted : 18 January, 2006 11:32 am
material OWC
(@material-owc)

back again, ive searched on this site for whanau needing info, you may want to look into Kate Wyllie, who is daugther to Thomas Halbert also.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 1:48 am
material OWC
(@material-owc)

tena koe
i have found a Thomas Halbert (the second) who possibly married a Matehaere. his mum may have been Maora Pani 3rd wife to Thomas Halbert the settler from Anglo-Scottish descent.
Maora has 2 issue Matewai and Thomas Halbert (the second)

<type error> Riria Mauaranui is the 2nd wife.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 12:06 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Yep, and Kia Ora whanau, Thomas Halbert 2nd is a full bro to Arihi Matewai Halbert, from whom I descend. I had the good fortune to meet your family in Omahu some 19 years where i was able to confirm our connection.I have a photo of Arihi but not her brother Thomas, however, there is someone in Lower Hutt, who has been tracing the descendants of Arihi and Thomas, and has pictures, of who ? I don't know. Will try and dig up his contact for you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 5:33 pm
material OWC
(@material-owc)

tena koe Aubry,
while we are on the above could you please send me the info as well.
So as i have it. it feels good filling the spaces. wondering if possible to send me your info and me to you.
i have an extensive whakapapa on a few sheets, but has vague names like Matewai instead of Arihi Matewai.
i have intensions of filling in all the gaps.
if we go back to Thomas 2nd, would he have married a Matehaere and would Arihi have married Wi Pere Mataira.
both being the only children to Maora Pani also.
how many kids did each have.
oh by the way i have photo of my Tupuna.
Thomas 1st, Wi Pere, 3 of his children Hetekia Te Kani Pere, Mere Tahatu and Moanaroa whom i extend off, a photo of 2 of Wi Pere's neice un named.

well all good, have a good day wont you's. off to softball
till 2nite.

Keren

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2006 12:16 pm
glstrongman OWC
(@glstrongman-owc)

tena koe bk
henry dargaville bennett was my uncle his mother and my grandfather were brother and sister.Yes he stayed in wanganui and did also have alot to do with Moawhango marae and kai iwi marae.He still have children in wanganui and a brother William bennett alive in wanganui We are having a hui soon but i will contact you so you can meet all the bennett side
ka kite ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 January, 2006 7:05 pm
hc032301 OWC
(@hc032301-owc)

Kia Ora Whanau
Katerina and Iriaiterangi are also my great grandparents. I am the moko of their daughter Tiria Ripeka Halbert (b. Aug 25 1926, d May 31 1978). Thomas Bennetts parents are: John Boyle Bennett (b Dec 24 1810, County Cork Ireland, d Jun 15 1880 Wellington) and Horatio Marion Carlisle (Bandon, County Cork, Ireland 1813, d sept 16 1880 Wellington). Raiha Rogers parents are: William Henry Rogers (1809 Salem Massachusetts, d 1874 Maketu) and Katerina Rangikawhiti (b. Rotorua, d. Mokoia Island, Rotorua). In additon, John Boyle Bennetts parents were John Bennett and Angel Grainger.

Naku, Hayley

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 April, 2008 1:04 pm
Share: