Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

BROWN, Eraiha (Eliza) & Isaac: from Russell  

RSS
taimona OWC
(@taimona-owc)

Trying to locate whanau of Eraiha & Isaac Brown from the Russell area. Surnames include Brown, Schmidt/Smith, McLeod.

Edited by - taimona on May 09 2005 6:57:37 PM

Posted : 09 May, 2005 6:56 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe taimona,

If you go to www.familysearch.org and put Isaac in the firstname and Brown in the lastname, setting the country to New Zealand, you will get a few records - one of these may be able to help you.

Also, can you give us the maiden name of Eraiha as that may help others to awhi you

Edited by - poutokomanawa on May 18 2005 5:02:05 PM

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2005 4:54 pm
taimona OWC
(@taimona-owc)

In reply to poutokomanawa

Have used familysearch and got heaps there, also working with others but never seem to find much about my own little bit of the whanau. Eraiha or Eliza's surname was Cook.

Thanks for the help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2005 5:16 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano,

If you make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club and click on full search then search for Brown, some of those results may lead you to your own little bit of whanau. Likewise, you could also try searching there for Cook

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2005 5:38 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Have you more details on McLeod? Im searching for information on a Robert McLeod who possibly started in the Bay of Islands around 1836 and moved to Waiheke Island. Contact me if this ties in with your own research -Joy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 November, 2005 10:30 pm
taimona OWC
(@taimona-owc)

No Robert McLeod sorry. Ours is James McLeod. Have had a look in the book Descendants of John and Christian McLeod and there is no Robert McLeod in there either.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2005 1:19 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Was Rosaleen Merle Lee [nee Schmidt] a great grand-daughter of Issac and Eraiha [a.k.a. Eliza Cook] Brown?
Rosaleen and her husband, Jack Lee [author of the book "I Have Named It The Bay Of Islands" are interred at Long Beach Cemetery, Russell, along with one of their daughters.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2005 1:38 pm
taimona OWC
(@taimona-owc)

Yes Rosaleen was a great grand-daughter of the above. Thanks for the info regarding the cemetery.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2005 2:32 pm
SSRivington
(@ssrivington)

Hi Taimona

I am part of Issac and Eraiha's ( Eliza) whanau. She is my 3rd Great Grandmother. their eldest child Emily Eliza married Henry Ritter, and their daughter Fanny ( Dolly) married George Hyauiason - my great grandparents. 

Last year I visited the Russell Museum gave them our family tree with some photos and birth certificates, as our branch from Emily Eliza had not been filed/completed.

I have not found out much about the family in Russell, but believe that they lived at Uriti.

Regards

Sue Rivington

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 March, 2018 1:59 pm
Share: