Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Campbell whanau eastcoast  

RSS
ness_2 OWC
(@ness_2-owc)

Kia Ora my great grandmother was a Campbell ( Kemara ) is there any whanau out there that has Kemara whanau whakapapa from Logan Campbell his son was Alex Campbell who had my great grandmother Peti Campbell i think her brother was Eru Campbell who married Hine Poutu of Te Araroa

Posted : 05 September, 2006 5:16 pm
peti OWC
(@peti-owc)

Kia ora ness_2,

Sorry this is not directly relevant to your question on Logan Campbell. I am related to the Kemara whanau, through Raiha Kemara (Campbell) nee Hill/Biddle and Makauria Kemara (Campbell). She was an older sister to my mother. Looking to contact my cousins. All the best with your search.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 September, 2006 7:15 pm
ness_2 OWC
(@ness_2-owc)

Kia Ora whanaunga no doubt we are of the same tree. However i know there are alot of whanau in Taranaki as well this is where Michael Campbell ( the golfer ) he desends from Logan Campbell to. My understanding is Logan Campbell had a son Alex who married Te Opetaua of Te Ati Awa and a majority of the Campbells come from this union ? but not sure myself still trying to peice things together. Are you a coastie kemara ? my Kemara whanau are on the east coast. Good luck with your search as well
Heoi ness

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2006 3:21 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

contact me for imformation

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2006 3:25 pm
Wiremu Teohomauri OWC
(@wiremu-teohomauri-owc)

Kia ora
It was actally Logan Campbell himself who had a liaison with Te Atiawa woman Opetaua. From this union came Areka (Alex) Campbell who married Merekauri Waipata of Ruatoria producing 5 sons and 2 daughters including Eru Waipata Campbell and Peti Campbell. Eru married Heni Poutu of Wharekahika and I have no details on who Heni married or who her descendants are

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2007 12:27 pm
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora ness2, my hubby is a Campbell from Ruatoria. His koro was Thomas whose father was John whose father was Alexander.
Alexander came out from Scotland & jumped ship in Auckland about 1870's. He married Horiana Patonga at Whangaparaoa BOP & settled near Putaanga marae as Alexander was a sheperd at the time. They had 3 sons & 5 daughters.
Alexander's parents were Alexander Campbell & Jane (nee McCallum) but they didnt come to NZ. Alex died at Te Arai Poverty Bay 1903 & is buried at Houhoupiko Cemetery, Gisborne in an unmarked grave.
Email me for any other info, you could be related, only thing is this family doesnt call themselves Kemara.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2007 8:13 am
rarere OWC
(@rarere-owc)

kia ora my kuia Apikara was a descendant of Alexander Campbell and Jane McCallum they had a son called John who married Hopaea Te Kauru then then they had a son named John aka Teone who married Hana Bartlett

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 December, 2007 12:41 pm
Share: