Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

CHARLTON (CHARLETON), Frank abt 1880-1945  

RSS
Jewel OWC
(@jewel-owc)

CHARLTON, Frank 1880-1945? Parents = (F) John Robson CHARLTON (Born 1856 Kawhia) (M) Te ATAMORUNGA a/k/a Te ATA Te WAKA (daughter of Chief TARANUI WAAKA. Frank CHARLTON is father of Rosie Helen Kahumatie (CHARLTON) KINGI (b 4/12/1907), Te Kopua, Whaingaroa, Raglan (married James Gordon FORBES).

Research regarding CHARLTON's from UK/Kawhia/Raglan will be posted and the link will be availalbe here. Rosie Helen CHARLTON KINGI FORBES whangai to Hikarearea KINGI. Searching for CHARLTON family information and anything about my Grandfather Frank CHARLTON. Thank you to Bill COFFEY for sharing your research.
Arohamai na Jewel FORBES

Edited by - Jewel on Nov 03 2005 09:48:55 AM

Posted : 29 September, 2005 3:38 pm
jorge OWC
(@jorge-owc)

Hi my name is joy Charlton

Im not quite up to it with my whakapa but i think you're talking about my great grandfather.
My Grandfather was George Charlton and he named one of his sons Frank George and the other son George Frank.

My mum (shirley) has mentioned that we are from Kawhia/Raglan ways.
My koro (George is buried in Waingaro).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 April, 2006 5:11 pm
Jewel OWC
(@jewel-owc)

Thank you Joy. Your koro George is my Koro's brother. I am still searching for any information I can find about Frank. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2006 5:58 pm
Taumaha
(@taumaha)

Great news, I found my grandfather Frank at Mercer. Thanks to all those who helped me. Still looking for information on the rest of the CHARLETON whanau. By the way, the all the CHARLETON birth registrations have an (e) only Anne Margaret's birth cert was CHARLTON (in error).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 August, 2006 3:05 am
Taumaha
(@taumaha)

CHARLTON, Frank 1880-1945? Parents = (F) John Robson CHARLTON (Born 1856 Kawhia) (M) Te ATAMORUNGA a/k/a Te ATA Te WAKA

Edited by - Taumaha on Nov 30 2006 3:05:27 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 November, 2006 3:03 pm
Reheani OWC
(@reheani-owc)

hi i had an uncle that was a Charleton.His first name was Mana but he passed away in 1991.He had a wife named Helen and 2 children named Melanie and Anthony.They lived in Bellbird near Newcastle NSW Australia.I havent seen them in a long time but we were very close.Sorry,i just saw the last name and hope this helps in some way.I am actually looking for Mel and Anthony Charleton as we were very close kuzzies as kids.Please let me know if you know anything of them.Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 December, 2006 9:35 pm
Share: