Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Christensen, Stephen , Raised in waikato- born in mangokino  

RSS
Ripeka Christensen OWC
(@ripeka-christensen-owc)

(Christensen) is my fathers last name and he passed away in 1992 when i was just six years old, i have not meet any of his family or know much about them.

My name is Rebecca Christensen and i am wanting to meet with sum of this side of my whanau, all the info i have to go on is that he was born in Mangokino and was (excuse me if this is spealt wrong) Whangae out, he was raised in waikato and had 3 sons before me, the 3rd sons name is Adam who i meet before his tragic car accident he was in two days later,
the two older ones i have no info on, only that they are older then me and i am 21.
i am most wanting to contact my brothers as i am the only daughter of my father, we also have a younger brother named Tipene who was born not long before our father passed away.

I know that my fathers side of the family does know of me but dont know where i am or how to contact me so if you are out there please get in touch would love to hear from you.

Ka Kite For Now

Posted : 15 March, 2007 3:37 pm
Hokio OWC
(@hokio-owc)

Kia ora Ripeka... hmmm mayb your dad's birth records at the registery office mite have his parents names, or perhaps if you knew the name of the people that raised him... mite help u with your search. Is christensen his birth name or the name of the people that raised him? Clarifying that too might also help. Perhaps posting a notice on the 'old school friends' website mite help too. I dnt remember the actual name of the website but i do remember having a look thru the Mangakino High School page for old school friends. Christensen isn't a familiar name to me but then i wasn't there for very long... someone else on there might know or remember the name/family. Another one...if you haven't already looked... is the electoral roll, check both the maori n general rolls, waikato, tai hauauru (wen there were only 4maori seats, te tai hauauru included sth waikato/maniapoto i think).. and tainui / waiariki electorates (I think that's what they are now)might b a start. All the best

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2007 8:06 pm
Ripeka Christensen OWC

Kia Ora E Hoa!
Thanks for the reply it is much appriciated,
Christensen is my fathers birth name that came from his father who was pakeha
Hika is the sirname of the couple who brought him up
i have found out that his birth mother passed away just a week after he did but am still unsure of the first names.
thanks again for the info i will try these options out

Kia Ora!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 March, 2007 10:08 am
Ripeka Christensen OWC

Kia Ora!!

just an update on sum more info about my father...
he was the youngest of 10 siblings and was bought up by the Hika whanau in the mount (monganui) if any of you are still living would be awsome to meet up and get sum stories about our whanau

Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 March, 2007 12:46 pm
Share: