Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

CLAY, Michael Waiaka: Looking for whakapapa  

RSS
latisha.clay OWC
(@latisha-clay-owc)

I am looking at my grandfathers side who is Michael Waiaka Clay, he has since passed on and unfortunately I do not know our whakapapa, is there anyone who is able to assist by providing any information. I have heard that he has links to whakatohea and tuhoe but am unsure how we link to these two iwi

Posted : 18 April, 2007 10:24 pm
lynz OWC
(@lynz-owc)

hi my name is lynnette fleet and i am to looking for information on whakatohea which is my husbands tribe. i have no maori blood ties but for an assignment i need to pick a hapu and research the effect of colonisation on them and how they have built themselves up today. i choose to study whakatohea so if my children ever want to know anything i maybe can help them. my husband and his immediate family are not much help.so if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2007 10:33 am
lynz OWC
(@lynz-owc)

i forgot to add there is a few good books around. Whakatohea of oportiki by A.C.Lyall, Ranginui Walker: struggle without end. if you type in whakatohea into the google web browser that will also bring up quite a bit of info there. hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2007 10:38 am
TPO OWC
(@tpo-owc)

Hi Latisha has your dad done anything about your koro's land yet. If not the Maori Land Court will be a good place to start. I see that you live in Rotorua so try there. Say hello to your mum and dad for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 April, 2007 10:15 pm
Share: