Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

CLOUT, Steph: Mohi Te Hokaanga II  

RSS
SCL
 SCL
(@scl)

Ata marie whanau,
Im wanting to find information on an Mohi Te Hokaanga II one of my ancestors from the Kaipara area (early to mid 1800's). He is listed in the Marriner / Stanaway whakapapa. My memory is a little rusty but I think he had a wife named Wetekia from the Raglan area and 2 daughters called Henipapa and Witiperene. Both daughters married / lived with Captain John James Stanaway from the Kaipara. Does Mohi and his daughters names ring a bell with anyone? Can anyone fill me in on which area of the Kaipara Mohi came from and what were his iwi / hapu affiliations were? This question has nagged me for the last 10 years ... any suggestions are very welcome!
Kia ora,

Steph

Posted : 23 November, 2006 7:46 am
rainbow OWC
(@rainbow-owc)

Dear Steph, Hi there. My husband's whakapapa briefly is as follows:-

Mohi Te Hokaanga II and Harihura MINARAPA had a daughter Witaperene (known as Black Ann) and she married Capt. John James STANAWAY.

Mohi Te Hokaanga II and Wetekia had a daughter Henipapa MINARAPA who also married Capt. John James STANAWAY.

Henipapa's daughter Irahepeti known as Rihi married the son of Witaperene, Ngaere Minarapa Tika-Stanaway. This couple had 6 children, one of whom was Kuwhara (known as Hera) who was my husband's great grandmother (I'm lucky enough to have a beautiful photograph of her). Hera married Hori MARENA (George MARRINER).

I've been able to find out that Mohi Te Hokaanga II was Chief Of Ngatiwhatua but not much else.

Peace, Rainbow from Australia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 March, 2007 3:53 pm
Share: