Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

COCHRANE Dennis Browne -Sarah TIRAROA  

RSS
seymour
(@seymour)

NEED HELP SEARCHING FOR OUR GRT GRT GRT GRANDMOTHER. SHE WAS THE WIFE OF DENIS BROWNE COCHRANE. SHE WAS HIS 2ND WIFE AND THEY HAD 5 CHILDREN.

Posted : 25 August, 2007 12:05 am
Past OWC
(@past-owc)

I have published a book "Connecting Cochranes" I have some information that may be of interest? I am looking for further information on their children. William seymour he married Sarah Jane Wakefield.

By Past

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 August, 2007 5:51 pm
joelle OWC
(@joelle-owc)

Kia ora
I'm connected to Dennis Cochrane and Hera (Sarah) Tiriroa, who had Erana who married Muriwai Hepehi, and they had Huihana Hepehi, (but more commonly known with the surname of Muriwai), she married Pita Te Wake, and they had Pairama Te Wake who married Te Haumu (Maria) Papa (Barber) and they had Eruera (Eddie) who married Ihapera (Bella) Wipani who had Johanna Te Wake.....me!!! .....small world huh? So...... how is one able to purchase one of these "Connecting Cochranes" books???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 October, 2007 6:59 pm
Mk2_Zephyr OWC
(@mk2_zephyr-owc)

A copy required here too please.

And if the Cochranes weren't enough, the Te Wakes are also related. 🙂

Small world, eh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 October, 2007 8:54 pm
seymour
(@seymour)

[quote]
Kiaora
I'm happy to get your reply. My tupuna was Cornelius Francis Cochrane a.k.a Mary Walters(Te Rarawa). Married Hoani Waata Papa(Ngapuhi).Cornelius was the daughter of Sarah & Dennis Cochrane

I have sent your reply to Leanne Jackson.

It is Sarah (Hera)Tiraroa that we have been trying to trace.
Have you any information. We know that she was Te Rarawa.

arohanui

Edited by - seymour on Oct 16 2007 9:19:09 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 October, 2007 8:59 pm
loyal005 OWC
(@loyal005-owc)

Kia ora,
I would also like a copy of this book. My Great Great Grandfather was Robert, brother to Mary.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 October, 2007 4:25 pm
Past OWC
(@past-owc)

kia ora lovely to hear from you all. I am interested to hear from each of you. This is great sorry it has taken me a while to respond as I have been away! here is my e-mail
lee-jack.@clear.net
The books I will have to order and they are $70.00 each.
Leanne (past) 22nd October

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2007 8:46 am
Past OWC
(@past-owc)

Sorry little change to e-mail
lee-jack.@clear.net.nz

sorry changed e-mail taking a while to get use to it
Past Leanne Jackson

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 October, 2007 1:54 pm
hmiles OWC
(@hmiles-owc)

Kiaora, my grandfather Cornelius Frances Walters was named for the daughter of Sarah and Dennis Cochrane. Her name was Cornelia Frances NOT Cornelius (which is the male version of the name) also Francis is spelled with an 'e'. I thought this may be of use to you.

My name is Helen Miles (nee Walters). I am currently constructing a family tree to help my Australian children to keep in touch with their whanau. I have a pile of information that I am struggling to get through and understand. If I find anything that may be of interest I will post.

Arohanui
Helen

quote:

Kiaora
I'm happy to get your reply. My tupuna was Cornelius Francis Cochrane a.k.a Mary Walters(Te Rarawa). Married Hoani Waata Papa(Ngapuhi).Cornelius was the daughter of Sarah & Dennis Cochrane

I have sent your reply to Leanne Jackson.

It is Sarah (Hera)Tiraroa that we have been trying to trace.
Have you any information. We know that she was Te Rarawa.

arohanui

Edited by - seymour on Oct 16 2007 9:19:09 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2007 4:16 pm
Mk2_Zephyr OWC
(@mk2_zephyr-owc)

Didn't we get enough people to do a reprint ?
I think we needed five.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 January, 2008 11:00 pm
parukuri OWC
(@parukuri-owc)

Kia ora Joelle, i know you posted this a few years back  Erana's mother was not Hera Tiraroa, Erana was my grandmothers grandmother. Erana mother was Ruta Pairama not Hera as some believe. Just setting the recoed straight.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 November, 2018 7:04 am
Share: