Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Cook, William Gregor  

RSS
carolyn harvey OWC
(@carolyn-harvey-owc)

My great great grandmothers adopted parents were William Gregor/Grigor and Sarah Ann Wright they lived some where in the Bay of Islands I believe not sure, they adopted Sarah Ann Cook in 1869, she was a Maori baby, the Cook Family were large and a lot are now some where around the Waipukurau area I believe can anyone help with information please

Posted : 01 June, 2007 12:55 am
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Search the family name Cook (Kuku) in the Search Tab above. There was a Cook reunion last year and there was a woman posting (name eludes me right now) is related to the two Cook family lines from Bay of Islands and Kaimaumau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2007 12:46 am
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora

I know two people they never meet their biological father. His name was Graham Cook describe as a tall person was living at south island.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2007 2:08 am
Cookie-little OWC
(@cookie-little-owc)

Now heres a howdy dodee. I just posted for the cook family. I know my father has family in the Hamilton area and Matamata. My name is Elizabeth Cook (Kuku).

My fathers name is "Richard Maynard Cook" who has siblings in the afore mentioned area. Uncle Ted - John - Mike, to name a few, and sisters which I can only recall as "lovey" and Lavina. At least I hop so.

My dad has passed on, and was living in the south Island. Invercargill. He married Betty Te Amohanga. Just wondering if we are related. I think we buried my grandmother in Rotorua. It was a long time ago, over 20 years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 March, 2008 12:26 pm
Cookie-little OWC
(@cookie-little-owc)

Now heres a howdy dodee. I just posted for the cook family. I know my father has family in the Hamilton area and Matamata. My name is Elizabeth Cook (Kuku).

My fathers name is "Richard Maynard Cook" who has siblings in the afore mentioned area. Uncle Ted - John - Mike, to name a few, and sisters which I can only recall as "lovey" and Lavina. At least I hop so.

My dad has passed on, and was living in the south Island. Invercargill. He married Betty Te Amohanga. Just wondering if we are related. I think we buried my grandmother in Rotorua. It was a long time ago, over 20 years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 March, 2008 12:26 pm
Share: