Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

CROSS,TEPOPO WITENGA  

RSS
sylvy OWC
(@sylvy-owc)

Tena koutou,im researching my whanau, my mum(Kataraina) and grandad(Ned,Nahi)carry the Cross name,both were raised by the Wihongi whanau in Kaikohe.After further researching i've discovered my grandmothers name was Kataraina Te popo Witenga. Any information about either of these whanau would be greatly appreciated

Edited by - sylvy on Apr 08 2007 02:36:04 AM

Still searching for whanau regarding my grandfather Ned/Nahi/Neri Cross. Information suggests that Ned/Neri/Edward Cross was his father. I have information also that suggests his mother was Waima Nathan nee Emery/Waimarama Netana Patuawa/Te Waimarama Hoera Joy Emery.Records show that she was married to Ratima(Thomas)Netana(Nathan)Patuawa(Porto-ava).
It seems that they used all of these names during their lifetime. Are Waima and Waimarama the same person?
Did Waimarama and Ratima have another son, Pare Patuawa?
Who is Pare Patuawa?(brn 1914,Kaihu)
I still do not know how my grandfather came to be adopted to the Wihongi Whanau. Lots and lots and lots of questions!!! HELP!!!

Edited by - sylvy on May 17 2007 02:46:30 AM

Posted : 07 April, 2007 9:59 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Email me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 April, 2007 7:57 am
Share: