Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

DALTON &WELLS  

RSS
Mama Bear OWC
(@mama-bear-owc)

I am looking for my grandmothers natural family as she was adopted out at birth.Her mothers maiden name was Mary Dalton D.O.B around1875 in Northland.Her grandmothers name wasAnn Wells D.O.B.around 1845 in Whangaroa. If there are any Daltons or Wells in Northland? I would love any info.Text

Posted : 29 May, 2006 4:27 pm
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Kia ora,
If they are the same person, then Mary Dalton's father was John Sherman and I have a number that can provide you with two books of whakapapa for this family. There are Wells and Daltons still living in Northland but this may be a good starting point for you.
Pi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 May, 2006 10:06 pm
Mama Bear OWC
(@mama-bear-owc)

Kia ora Superbee, Thanks for your reply.According to my info Mary Dalton was married to John Sherman in 1893 at Whangaroa. So I am abit confused.I am interested in the books that you mentioned. Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 May, 2006 9:49 am
maoriboy7@xtra.co.nz OWC
(@maoriboy7xtra-co-nz-owc)

Have sent you a PM with a bit of info that might be of some help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 June, 2006 1:04 pm
Share: