Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

EMERY  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
maniapoto_jack OWC
(@maniapoto_jack-owc)

Kiaora whaanau, ngaa mihi o te waa

Any Emerys out there? decendents of Thomas Pengally Emery and Rangiamohia of Ngati Maniapoto? Just a paanui to maybe contact some other descendents of these tuupuna and have a koorero.

Mauri ora!

Posted : 12 April, 2007 1:21 am
prettyappletree OWC
(@prettyappletree-owc)

Hi my names mel and i am new to this site,first time on and i saw your panui and my mum is an EMERY wel she was until she married my dad (HARRIS) but they have both passed on.MY grandpa is CHARLIE (TAARE) emery and his borthers are Manga,gearge,and he has others but not sure of names as i never really meet them.Sorry im gona go for now this old computer is playing up but i will get bac to you with my info and hay never no we might be cuzzie's. MEL

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 April, 2007 5:24 pm
maniapoto_jack OWC
(@maniapoto_jack-owc)

Ya never know, wats your marae?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2007 12:38 am
Whaeag
(@whaeag)

I have an Aunty June Emery,was married to Bill Emery (D'csd), resided Kapiti coast.Aunty june is still in the area and has remarried.Aunty june has a daughter called marama who is a presenter on maitime tv.Her two other daughter reside on the Kapiti coast as well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2007 3:25 pm
teaowhairangi OWC
(@teaowhairangi-owc)

kia ora,
wel my name is anaru amstad, my mother is joy amstad, and her mother was kataraina amstad (d'csed), whos maiden name was kupe. Her father was Ngatoko kupe and her mother was Anni Kupe (nee Emery)who's father was an Emery and also one of Thomas Pengally Emery and Rangiamohia children. i could go into more detail but ill need my whakapapa to do that but i hope that helps you.
Ko Kakepuku toku maunga
ko Waipa toku awa
Ko Te Kopua toku marae
Ko Thomas Pengally Emery raua ko Rangiamohia oku Tuupuna
Ko Ngati Maniapoto toku iwi
Tena koutou katoa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2007 6:20 pm
maniapoto_jack OWC
(@maniapoto_jack-owc)

Kiaora i also come of a son of Thomas Pengally and Rangamohia his name Te Huirau and also tie to Te Koopua. Were such a big family name now, but these ancestors of ours had 14 children and from them we all come spread out throughout Aotearoa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 April, 2007 2:38 pm
teaowhairangi OWC
(@teaowhairangi-owc)

kia ora,
ai he tika tau.....the son of thomas pengally who i whakapapa from is Tamepohe, who was one of the 14...however i only no his name....what i was wondering was if you would happen to know of the 14 childrens names...my anty is doing our whakapapa but she was only able to go up to my nans mum (Tamepohe's daughter)so we dont realy know that far out on our whanau tree...but yeah....KIA ORA Kuzn lolz....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 April, 2007 12:18 pm
maniapoto_jack OWC
(@maniapoto_jack-owc)

Kiaora kuzin! Ae i have the names of the 14 children. Your tupuna Tamepohe is number 10 of the 14 i would be happy giving these to you as we are whanau and this your whakapapa, however i would much rather we talked on the phone rather than placing it on here if you know what i mean. He taonga to tatou whakapapa ne, i will private msg you taku nama waea if you want to talk, kiaora kuz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 April, 2007 1:09 pm
sylvy OWC
(@sylvy-owc)

Tena koutou whanau, i 2 have been searching intensively for my great grand mother to whom i believe is Waima(Te Waimarama Hoera Joy)Emery, daughter of Thomas Pengally Emery and Rangiamohia Merekihereka. Waima married Ratima(aka Thomas) Netana Patuawa 1894.they had issue, Tema Netana Kaihu(aka Renata Netana Patuawa).Unsure if they had other issues aprt from tema and Pare Patuawa(B)1914.Does anyone know of Pare Patuawa? Waima Nathan had issue with Edward Cross(1886-1954)Ned Cross(1914-16) to whom is my grandfather.My question whanau, are Waima Nathan and Waimarama Emery the same person?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 May, 2007 8:32 pm
maniapoto_jack OWC
(@maniapoto_jack-owc)

Kiaora e te whanaunga,

Waimarama Emery was the 12th issue of Thomas Pengally and Rangiamohia, Merekihereka was Rangiamohia's father and her mother was Te Waitiahoaho.

Waimarama had three relations. She married a Samuel Hoera Joyce, a man Phillips and a man Nathen. I dont know who she married first etc... but i know there is a story behind her and her older sister Elizabeth Whaene who both had relations with the same man Samuel Joyce. Some of the descendants live around Rotoiti and in Halcombe.

Reguarding your question if Waima Nathen and Waimarama are the same person im not sure. Maybe she took the name Nathan? I have no record of Waimarama having relations with Cross' but the date of her birth and death is 1871 - 1932. maybe you can compare the dates and see if they fit. Hope this helps.

Kiaora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 May, 2007 12:39 pm
emerystore OWC
(@emerystore-owc)

Kia ora
I am just one of the many whanau who is a descendant of Waimarama Emery & Samuel hoera joyce. My great koroua is Sam Emery(son of Wai & Sam) at this time a gathering of some of our whanaunga the Kereama's who's great kuia was koro sams sister has taken place here in Rotoiti at Taurua Marae to find out where our tupuna kuia is laid to rest so she finally can have a stone. Heoi ano discussions will take place with our Nathan whanau. So whanau get those thinking caps on so that we can all meet to celebrate our tupuna and maybe have all questions and answers on Who's who.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 June, 2007 9:05 am
maniapoto_jack OWC
(@maniapoto_jack-owc)

Kiaora is that to discuss where Waitauhi Emery, your koro Sams sister is laid to rest?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 June, 2007 9:17 pm
TashEmery
(@tashemery)

Kia Ora,

I married an Emery from Te Kopua Marae in Pokuru, Te Awamutu. He is also a direct descendant of Thomas Pengally Emery and Rangiamohia. His father was Edward (Ted) Emery, who married Te Tiriti O Waitangi Maraku.
That's all I know at this stage, but I will update when I gain some more info from my husband.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2007 12:52 am
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

I went to school with a Rangiamohia whose mothers name is waitiahoaho, no doubt a rally of yours

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2007 2:21 am
sylvy OWC
(@sylvy-owc)

Tena Koutou Whanau,
To see you all on this sight enlightens my heart. To chat further would be great for you are my missing links to my tupuna to whom i don't know. Waima Nathan aka Te Waimaramama Emery is my great grand mother. She Married Tame Netana Patuawa(Nathan Porto-ava)
Thier son Ned Cross was not raised with them but with another family. Ned had a few issues, one being my mum(Kathy Cross)whom married Alan Ashby.I have 9 siblings myself being number 9. 35 moko,7 grand moko within our immediate family to which we are very close.Honestly whanau i would love to get in touch with you all.
He mihi aroha ki koutou katoa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2007 3:39 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: