Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

GRAHAM Gabriel  

RSS
shayemerald OWC
(@shayemerald-owc)

Just looking for info on the GRAHAM whanau. I know that they are from Taranaki. I have tried searching using the family tree webs, but I only know my Koro(Gabriel GRAHAM)and my Nana(Taruke) but don't know her last name. The only Graham's that turn up on the search are from America. I know my Grandad has scottish in him. He was white but you can still see the maori features in him, like the nose. They were married both have passed Nana in 1983 and Koro in 1992 I think. Both buried in Papatoetoe cemetry.

Any help or feedback, woulb be appreciated.

Posted : 01 April, 2005 4:43 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe shayemerald,

If you go to our links section, choose Urupa / Cemetery listings and click on the Papatoetoe one, you can do a search from GRAHAM and you will find the other Maori names that your Koro and Nana also have.

You could also get a Death certificate. When requesting a Death Certificate from Central Registry, always purchase a “photocopy” (digital image) as these are ideal for genealogical purposes, cheaper than an actual “Certificate” and can include additional information such as the informant and occasionally notes in the margin.

This may give you the maiden name of your Nana as well as the parents of both your Nana and Koro, which will help to narrow your search and give you some other names.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2005 8:29 pm
ddblue
(@ddblue)

Kia ora Shayemerald

I know the Graham whanau in Waitara - Taranaki. Check the phone listings that may get you the hits your are looking for.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2005 11:09 pm
kaye uerata OWC
(@kaye-uerata-owc)

My husband is related to the Grahams from the Waikato, if thats a help. I could put you in touch with some whanau that moved to Brisbane.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2005 11:41 pm
Tumeke_Bro OWC
(@tumeke_bro-owc)

Kia Ora Popular links Gene o NZ Maori Reseacher
Online Database will help you with imformation about the Graham Whanau on this site

Tumeke bro

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 April, 2005 11:14 pm
shayemerald OWC
(@shayemerald-owc)

Thany you to everyon that has contributed there resources and time.

Shayemerald

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 April, 2005 5:41 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

You will find the Graham whanau of Taranaki also use the name the whanau name Tito

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 September, 2005 4:30 pm
shayemerald OWC
(@shayemerald-owc)

Thanks everyone for your info. I have found my Whakapapa, and my Grandad was irish not scottish. I traced it back to a Capt. Joesph Francis Graham.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 September, 2006 2:22 pm
Share: