Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HAARE, Mihi Researching Whakapapa  

RSS
manaia
(@manaia)

Kia-ora koutou. I am seeking information about my grandfather and whanau history. Not alot is known about our family roots in fact I don't even know of any Haare whanau outside of my own, so if you know anyone, are related, or know someone who is that has any information about the following be it big or small I would love to hear from you! My grandfather's birth cert says he was born as Hotemihi Haare in November 1926 to Paki and Mihi Haare and I believe he was named after his mother. To the locals of Te-Kaha he is known as Mihi/Mikaare. He has/had several siblings but we only know of a few- His sisters are Matakino, Daisy, Moe, Rosie and Brothers Huie and Sonny. He married my late grandmother Celia/Tiria Putiputi Sydney and they have 12 living children together. I wish I had more dates, timeline etc but I don't get to see papa all that much and when we do get together, researching whanau history is not something my koro likes to do!! Any help or info would be more than greatly appreciated. Kia-koutou.

Posted : 08 May, 2006 4:13 pm
Arongo
(@arongo)

Tena koe Manaia, I have just finished reading about the whanau Haare, my nana is a Haare. If you go into the finding whanau section you may have a bit more luck. I know what you mean by koro not wanting to go there as my Nana is the same. The Haare whanau that I come from originate from the far north Matauri Bay, Wainui Bay. I know the feeling so I hope this helps

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 September, 2006 6:46 am
manaia
(@manaia)

Thanks for your message Arongo. As I don't know any Haare families besides my own is it cheeky of me to ask what you grandmothers first name is? Please don't feel obliged to answer such a bold question. it's just that before your posting I didn't know there were other Haare families.

Kia-ora.

Manaia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 September, 2006 3:33 pm
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

Kia Ora
I once knew a Celia Haare, going back 25yrs ago, whether she is the same as yours I don't know, but she lived in Wellington for a long time b4 she passed away. She was a very close friend of ours.

kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 September, 2006 9:25 pm
allikat1 OWC
(@allikat1-owc)

Kia Ora, Manaia; I know Uncle Micky very well. He lives on the straight just before Waiorore Marae. My cousin Mere Hei (nee Walker) married Micky's nephew James. James' mother was Mau Hei, who was Uncle Mick's sister. Aunty Mau married Piihi Hei and they lived on the other side of the Waiorore stream.

Uncle Micky was around at my cousin's quite a lot and I think he is the godfather to one of my nephews. I don't know if that is much help, although I beleieve the Haare whaanau are related to me through my grandmother, who was a Haaweti (Savage) and that they must have links into Haawa and Whaanau a Haraawaka. You could try looking in the Maori Land Court minute books for Tunapahore block.

Hop I have been of some help.
Kia Ora
Allister Walker

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 October, 2006 11:15 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Kia-ora koutou. I am seeking information about my grandfather and whanau history. Not alot is known about our family roots in fact I don't even know of any Haare whanau outside of my own, so if you know anyone, are related, or know someone who is that has any information about the following be it big or small I would love to hear from you! My grandfather's birth cert says he was born as Hotemihi Haare in November 1926 to Paki and Mihi Haare and I believe he was named after his mother. To the locals of Te-Kaha he is known as Mihi/Mikaare. He has/had several siblings but we only know of a few- His sisters are Matakino, Daisy, Moe, Rosie and Brothers Huie and Sonny. He married my late grandmother Celia/Tiria Putiputi Sydney and they have 12 living children together. I wish I had more dates, timeline etc but I don't get to see papa all that much and when we do get together, researching whanau history is not something my koro likes to do!! Any help or info would be more than greatly appreciated. Kia-koutou.

Here is a Haare whakapapa I have. It is from Te Whanau a Hinetekahu, the Waiorore hapu.

Apanui Ringamutu
Rangihore
Hinetekahu
Hinetiki
Matepakiaka
Morehu
Te Iripuhara
Haare
Ngara Haare

Tukaki was Apanui Ringamutu's oldest son but fell out with his father. Apanui lived at Tunapahore (Hawai) Maraenui and Whitianga. He settled Tukaki at Te Kaha along with a younger son Rangihore. The boundary between those two and the rest of his children was the Haparapara River. Hinetekahu was a man despite the name.

I recall Mau and Piihi Hei. I don't recall that they had kids of their own but the brought up Joe Haare, Lovey Hei, Jeanette Hei and James Hei and probably more. Most of the Haare's left home and those I have met grew up in Murupara and Rotorua.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 February, 2007 8:41 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

Here is a Haare whakapapa I have. It is from Te Whanau a Hinetekahu, the Waiorore hapu.

Apanui Ringamutu
Rangihore
Hinetekahu
Hinetiki
Matepakiaka
Morehu
Te Iripuhara
Haare
Ngara Haare

Tukaki was Apanui Ringamutu's oldest son but fell out with his father. Apanui lived at Tunapahore (Hawai) Maraenui and Whitianga. He settled Tukaki at Te Kaha along with a younger son Rangihore. The boundary between those two and the rest of his children was the Haparapara River. Hinetekahu was a man despite the name.

I recall Mau and Piihi Hei. I don't recall that they had kids of their own but the brought up Joe Haare, Lovey Hei, Jeanette Hei and James Hei and probably more. Most of the Haare's left home and those I have met grew up in Murupara and Rotorua.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 February, 2007 8:41 pm
copycatdog OWC
(@copycatdog-owc)

Kia Ora Manaia,
My Great Gandfather was Ngakuru Pene Haare from the Matihetihe Marae Mitimiti, Hokianga."Haare" is the Pakeha version of Harris.
Na Steve.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 February, 2007 6:26 pm
28waiorore OWC
(@28waiorore-owc)

[quote]
Kia Ora
I once knew a Celia Haare, going back 25yrs ago, whether she is the same as yours I don't know, but she lived in Wellington for a long time b4 she passed away. She was a very close friend of ours.

kia ora
kiriwai my name is william haare celia is my nan me and my sister
and brother never met here or no nothing really about here and we
would really love to. Anthing would be really appreciated thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 February, 2007 10:32 am
28waiorore OWC
(@28waiorore-owc)

[quote]
Kia-ora koutou. I am seeking information about my grandfather and whanau history. Not alot is known about our family roots in fact I don't even know of any Haare whanau outside of my own, so if you know anyone, are related, or know someone who is that has any information about the following be it big or small I would love to hear from you! My grandfather's birth cert says he was born as Hotemihi Haare in November 1926 to Paki and Mihi Haare and I believe he was named after his mother. To the locals of Te-Kaha he is known as Mihi/Mikaare. He has/had several siblings but we only know of a few- His sisters are Matakino, Daisy, Moe, Rosie and Brothers Huie and Sonny. He married my late grandmother Celia/Tiria Putiputi Sydney and they have 12 living children together. I wish I had more dates, timeline etc but I don't get to see papa all that much and when we do get together, researching whanau history is not something my koro likes to do!! Any help or info would be more than greatly appreciated. Kia-koutou

kia ora manaia

my name is william haare if you are still seeking info about our whanau me and my sister would me more than willing to help you. Our koros name is mihi haare my dads name is william to but everyone calls him ricky, my mum is Te Aorangi her mum is lavey hei, mum was brought up by papas sister mau down the coast. My mum would have alot to tell you, we live in aussie at the moment I have been here for 4 years now, mum my sister and brother for about 2 and dad lives back in kawerau. Papa is living in opotiki, aunty liz and uncle mike are still there to. Papa had his 80th birthday just before christmas my sister went back for it. if you need anything we will be here for you. We look forward to hereing from you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 February, 2007 10:49 am
Share: