Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Hakopa  

RSS
ChrisM
(@chrism)

Kia ora koutou
I am was wondering if there where any Hakopa's, (or some else that knows), from Banks Peninsula area that would be happy to talk about Hakopa whanau from the late 19th century?
Ka kite
Chris

Posted : 03 April, 2006 11:15 am
Tumanako Meroiti OWC
(@tumanako-meroiti-owc)

Tena koe Chris, Ko Tumanako toku ingoa. But you can call me Tu.
I am familiar with the Hakopa name but the whanau that stirs an interests with me is from Awahau in Rotorua. I am only aware of this name by sight only. My journeys have been many and a particular urupa that i have visited near Ngongataha on the Rotorua Lake is where this name can be found. My grandmother lies amongst my whanaunga who include the Hakopa name. I hope this information helps you in your journey.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 April, 2006 2:08 pm
Tamahura
(@tamahura)

Tumanako, I have heard that named being mentioned back home in Putaruru, there was a kuia called Rangi Haakopa, she has connections also to the Ngati Tukorehe people of Tapapa.
I think she dwelled in the Ngongotaha area and had alot to do with Ngati Te Ngakau in Tarukenga ( Ngongotaha )All those people are on the Ngongotaha side of Rotorua inter-connect to us back home, because we lay on the boundry lines of Tainui and Te Arawa in the Mamaku, Hautere forests

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 April, 2006 7:59 pm
Share: