Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HAKOPA/ KEPA  

RSS
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora, I know very little about these tupuna except a couple of names. I have managed to discover a short korero regarding my great grandfather, but not much of my great grandmother. Any help, please

Tipuna: Arapera Kepa or Hemo Rareti Te Hira Kepa are the names I have for this tipuna, born possibly at Kaipara Flats about 1870. I have no knowledge of her parents, or siblings.

Married Mateono Hakopa, also known as Te Wharengori Hakopa/ Mateono/ born about late 1860's possibly in Whatawhata.

Kia ora ano

peaceful regard
Jacqui

Posted : 24 August, 2006 2:02 am
wassos01 OWC
(@wassos01-owc)

Kia ora,my great grandmother is Maungatapu,the names you have put are her mum and dad,a lot of the info I got was from the mormon website,my great grandmother had many sisters as well as one brother I think,be awesom to catch up with you,I only know one of great grands sissys whanau,Im trying to find out where all her sissys kids are,there is another person on this website that has those names too,just waiting for them to reply,had no luck from them yet..........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 August, 2006 8:50 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Wassos01,
I would so love to hear back from you, I have a good list of the children, my greatgrand mother is Kohakae another sister. I know of two brothers and one half brother,and 5 sisters but Im still learning, someone once told me "when the time is right, the info will come". Good advice aye. And I just love this place. Welcome aboard

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 September, 2006 1:14 am
nushy OWC
(@nushy-owc)

Kia Ora Jax
I have just started looking and researching my whanau and came across your post.
My great grand fathers name is Taikehu Mateono Rarite HAKOPA from (Ngati Mahanga)Tainui who was married to Hingaia AHURIRI (Tuhoe) Murupara
My Grandfather's name is Kaumoana Taikehu Mateono HAKOPA also known as Harry Kaumoana JACOBS who married Winika TE RONGOMAU (Born in Whatawhata)
I remember visiting with them in Temple View and my aunty lived in Whatawhata.
I dont know much about my whanau except for this and my father's and aunties names. Is there a link here?? Do any of these names match what you've got?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 June, 2007 11:09 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Whoops sorry nushy. I accidently shut off the email pop-up, sorry bout that, but I just needed to explain that the info I sent you was basically all I had written in that letter to my aunt, I wasnt being a no-it-all to her it was more a mission of research on her behalf lol. And I hope that helps you at least a little in your journey. I just gotta apologise again for taking so long to reply.
Tena koe whanaunga

Edited by - edwards.jacqueline on Jul 26 2007 01:34:50 AM

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 July, 2007 1:32 am
Share: