Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HARDING, Joseph: Also known as Te Wano  

RSS
petbarn1 OWC
(@petbarn1-owc)

Died 1984 - Looking for whakapapa details

Posted : 21 January, 2006 4:08 pm
phiona OWC
(@phiona-owc)

Kia Ora
Do you know what area?
Phiona

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2006 12:59 pm
petbarn1 OWC
(@petbarn1-owc)

Spent most of his life around Kaikohe. Lived early 1960 - 1970s at 'Rangihamama' then moved to Otaua, from where he died. Was buried at Puketotara in the Waima Valley.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 February, 2006 10:54 pm
Harata OWC
(@harata-owc)

Kia ora petbarn1
You can try writing to Kelly Harding
c/- Maori Trustee Office
Rotorua.
She maybe able to help you in the right direction.Her whanau are up in Paihea but originally fron Waima.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
Harata

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2006 3:39 pm
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Kia ora,
Father: Patu Patu Ruma
Mother: Puti Hori Hiku
children:
b 20 Mar 1936- Te Kamo Kamo Patu Ruma.

Father: Te Wano Maano Ruma Harding
b 4 Aug 1915 Otaua
d 18 May 1994
children:
[m] Te Aroha Sonny Ruma Harding.
b 26 Apr 1938
d 17 Jul 1993
[f] Edna May Ruma Harding
b 25 Jan 1945
That is the alternate name used Ruma for harding
and the reason why he went to Otaua to stay and why he is buried in Waima.

PI.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2006 8:11 pm
kahuna OWC
(@kahuna-owc)

Kia ora Petbarn1 and ALL...

I too would like to know of the where abouts of the Harding whanau. My name is Bella Pera Tipene, grand-daughter of Charlie Tohu Tokowha Mokoraka King and Tahurangi Temoko King.

I was born and raised in Rangihamama Street and went to school with their children... I need to find the connection here as their parents were known to me as aunty and uncle but I left at 6yrs old when grand-father passed.

I would like to get in touch with the whanau... the two I remember going to school with was Joe, and man can't remember his brother unless I'm mistaken... however, what I do remember distinctively is they had long platted hair. Hope his is the same whanau... and they lived next door to us...

But I belive also there was another whanua close by and I'm not sure whether they were Hardings or Cassidy's.

Please someone if you can put some light on this area I would appreciate it.

My email is beltu@ihug.co.nz

My father is Ben Pene Mu Tipene of Taheke and mum is Te Aroha Tohu Tokowha Mokoraka.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 November, 2006 3:23 am
parukuri OWC
(@parukuri-owc)

TRY WAINUI BAY NORTHLAND SOME HAARE'S OR HARDINGS ARE UP THERE TOO.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2007 5:27 pm
Serena Henry OWC
(@serena-henry-owc)

Kia ora,
My name is Serena Bryonne Henry. My great grandfather, on my mothers side, was :Patu Patu Maanu Harding(Ruma) who married Erana Cassidy, who had Mu(Moody) TeArita(Rita, who is my grandmother) and Ruiha.
My great grandfather Patu Patu had a brother named Te Wano who married Meri Hiku, and they lived down Rangihamama Rd before moving to Otaua.
Their children are: Ivan, Sonny(Te Aroha),Matilda,Joseph, Judy, Adam, Janie,Mere, Johnny, Ebby, I would like to point out, that these are the names of the nanny's and papa's that I knew, but, I'm pretty sure, they actually have maori names.
Te Wano Harding (Ruma) that I'm referring to, above, is actually buried at Pa Huriwaka in Taheke.
If you need further info my email address is: serena.henry@yahoo.com.au

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 December, 2007 11:26 pm
Serena Henry OWC
(@serena-henry-owc)

Kia ora
I would just like to correct my mistake in the last thread that I added,Nanny Meri's maiden name was actually Goodhew,not Hiku,Sorry.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2008 8:50 pm
Share: