Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HARONGA, John and BROWN, Elizabeth: Tipuna  

RSS
arihiawaenga OWC
(@arihiawaenga-owc)

TRACING MY TIPUNA

MY GRANDFATHER ON MY MOTHERS SIDE IS JOHN AHUROA HARONGA
GRANDMOTHER IS ELIZABETH BROWN

I BELIEVE THERE IS A CONNECTION TO TORERE. DOES ANYONE KNOW?

Posted : 04 February, 2005 12:06 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora arihiawaenga,

If you go to http://www.familysearch.org and choose search then put HARONGA in the surname box, leave everything else blank except the country and make that NZ you will find many people listed with that surname. Some maybe whanaunga and following the records you may be able to find some extra information that may help you

Good Luck!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2005 5:41 am
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

My grandmother was a Brown from Manaia Coromandel where was Elizabeth Brown from ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 April, 2005 5:40 pm
miss_e OWC
(@miss_e-owc)

Kiaora Arihia and Te Aroha Wyllie

I'm very happy that i found this website. My maternal grandmother is also Elizabeth Brown (a.k.a Betty/Irihapeti) who is from around the Thames / Coromandel area. She had 4 children, 3 of whom are to my grandfather, Alec Sadlier including my mother.

I myself am desperately trying to find her and find out more about where she comes from. Unfortunately her and my grandfather parted back in the 1960's and her children were raised in Tolaga Bay. I last saw her 20 years ago and would like to know more. Please contact me if you know my grand mother Elizabeth Brown - whoms father was Taha Brown.

Kia ora,
Eileen Grey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 June, 2005 2:16 pm
Barbara OWC
(@barbara-owc)

Kia ora Arihia - We have whakapapa of Johnny Haronga and Elizabeth Brown who are both from Mangatu/Te Karaka (Gisborne) Elizabeth and Johnny also had a daughter named Elizabeth. There are other children too. Whakapapa and information can be obtained from the Ngaariki Kaiputahi Office (06) 8687999 or email marcus.lloyd@ngaariki.com. Elizabeth Brown (mother) has two sisters still living in Gisborne. Their information can be obtained from the office.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 July, 2005 11:19 am
Barbara OWC
(@barbara-owc)

Kia ora Arihia - further information - if you access the web site ngaariki.com you will be able to access full whakapapa and history of Elizabeth Brown's father who's name was Ben and his mother was Ruahinekino (Mokeke)This site is still being constructed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 July, 2005 11:41 am
Share: