Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

HAZEL, William: American Whaler  

RSS
Panipani OWC
(@panipani-owc)

Kia Ora,

Could you help me find information about HAZEL, William he was an American Whaler that came to the East Coast he had a family in Te Araroa and also had another daughter in Hiruharama which is my Gr8 Gr8. I can go back 10 Gr8's on her mothers side but come to a virtual stand still on William HAZEL.

If you can help me it will be much appreciated.

Posted : 10 June, 2006 12:21 pm
E hine OWC
(@e-hine-owc)

Tena koe panipani,

My name is Viki Hazel, My father was Hoani ruha Hazel...I am currently searching my Gr8 pāpa'(William Charles Hazel) whakapapa aswell, but haven't yet found his name on the whaling ship (Elizabeth) either. Yet in a book I read (Old whaling days) he is named as being on that ship, although he was known back i those days as 'Yankee Bill'...I will keep you informed of any more info...

Nāu te rourou, nāku te rourou, ka ora tātou

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 June, 2006 2:09 pm
Panipani OWC
(@panipani-owc)

Kia Ora E Hine,

I have found a superbee that has been helping me with W Hazel and I'm still looking, as soon I find information then I will let you know more...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 June, 2006 7:35 pm
lofty OWC
(@lofty-owc)

kia ora, My name is Tina Hazel-Loft,
my gr8,gr8 grand father is William Charles Hazel.

Edited by - lofty on Oct 26 2007 11:14:52 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 October, 2007 2:50 pm
Share: